Thursday, 7 October 2010

Transplant Day +41....Aaah fresh air!!

Evening Everyone.

Just a quick update for you this evening and hope the blog finds you well and ready for the weekend ahead.

Phoebe continues in her recovery and has been a complete joy today keeping us all entertained with her cheeky mood!!

We've enjoyed a good couple of days here and its been a particularly busy day as Lucy our Respite Carer has spent some time with Phoebe today, we have just started to receive this servce from the Community Nursing Team for a few hours each week. This gives Ade and I time to sort things at home whilst Lucy spends some time with Phoebe and today it was all about baking!! Here is Phoebe doing all her mixing ready for her orange and chocolate cup cakes.

Catherine our Community Nurse also came today to take routine bloods for Rob in Manchester. At the moment Phoebe's bloods are doing well, although her potassium levels are a little low she continues to be a brave warrior taking her medication for this along with her other medicines throughout the day. This being one of the reasons why either Ade or I always need to be with Phoebe whilst she continues with the multitude of doses throughout the day.

This afternoon I took the time to pop down to our local children's Circle Tots group, run each Thursday 1.30pm-3.30pm at St.Teresa's Trent Vale. Even though it was necessary to limit my contact with the children it was amazing to see how all they have grown even in just a few months! At circle tots we run an invaluable service where you may loan items needed for childcare. We have a superb range of equipment, if anyone is interested, please give me a call....

Took a rather pleasant nice walk home from Nan and Ed's late afternoon given the weather has
been rather clement!! I felt a real spring in my step, Phoebe loved being out too, it felt ages since we have had good walk together, we both really enjoyed it and needed the fresh air!!

Will be back here again on Saturday as we plan to have a nice relaxing evening together at home...just preparing for a
special spa day with Helen and Sarah Darlington on Sunday...back massage and facial...pure bliss!!

Here is a brilliant picture sent to us from Regan, you are really creative, thanks for the special picture of me in such a wonderfully slim dress and Adrian looking so dapper!! Phoebe was thrilled to be holding Peppa's hand! It was great to see you Regan when you popped out to see us at the top of your drive, we look forward to seeing you all again soon.


Happy Birthday Estelle,
enjoy your birthday weekend hun and hope to catch you for a special breakfast club on Saturday morning ...xxx

So for now folks, wishing you an enjoyable weekend.

Much Love

Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

morning.. just been catching up with you guys...

freddie and i came home from hospital last night after having to stay in for a few day with a few niggles but all well now!

glad to be home. even after 5 days i was becoming fixed in quite a routine in there

loving the last pic of you and phoebe lynn your looking fab i have to say!!

would love to see you if your ever free for a brew your more than welcome kettles always on x x

sheena said...

Hi lovely Oldfields,
I can't believe it has been so long since I have commented on the blog...you asked a while ago when we read the blog and I always read the blog on my phone when I first wake up. Obviously the technology of logging on via my phone to comment has proved too hard! In addition Isobel and Archie have both had chicken pox and I have become so paranoid about passing on germs that even the thought of dropping you a note filled me with fear - clearly I am bonkers!
So pleased to hear how well Phoebe has been doing. I have been sharing the blog and particularly the photos with Isobel who is always keen to know how her little friend is doing . It must seem incredible after all that has happened in the last few months to be getting back to work and some kind of normality. Phoebe is such a fighter and so are both of you - truly inspiring to all of us that read the blog.
I really hope we are going to see you when we come up to Hilderstone in December - to see the Queen make her annual return and celebrate an early New YEar!
I should hopefully also be up in November with work so will let you know and hopefully I can pop in for a cup of tea and catch up.
Looking forward to hearing of more great progress,
with lots of love to all of you,
Sheena, Rich