Saturday, 23 October 2010

Transplant Day +57.....Busy Busy Busy!!!

Evening Folks,

Just a brief update tonight, had a few technical problems!!

Hope you are having a great weekend despite the weather!!

Things have been good here and Phoebe continues to be well, appetite slowly returning to its regular pattern and the medicines have been reduced slightly.

Potassium levels have increased therefore lowering the dosage of this along with the immunosuppressant Ciclosporin too.

This week has been good to return to more of our routine and the grandparents are kindly pitching in looking after Phoebe especially as Ade and I are more settled and starting to return to work.

Ade has been working on the Tollgate Christmas Fayre menu with Richard our superb chef and its looking good so far, we are getting busy with bookings already so if you fancy booking a table give us a call at the club on 01782 313029!! www.tollgate.co.uk/documents/christmas_menu.pdf

Return to my own freelance work has probably felt the biggest return to reality for a long time. We both feel more comfortable to be able to step back from all the treatment a little and just return to the everyday aspects of life...some of which we have craved in the past after spending time in the hospital. Just being home in your own environment is a great part of the healing process and we don't ever take this for granted.

On Tuesday, Ade and I went to the monthly bereavement group at the medical institute in Hartshill. We are always mindful to go whenever possible and its a real pleasure to catch up with other parents. We find the meetings really enjoyable and want to be there just in case we have any new parents joining the group.
Wednesday saw Julie our specialist nurse from Cheethams and Carol our clinical psychologist popped by from the children's ward to see Phoebe and were thrilled to see her looking so well.

Our dear friend Jonathan celebrated his birthday this week and planned for an evening out on Friday. Happy Birthday Jonathan!!

Thursday was a busy day and Phoebe was enjoying time with each of her grandparents. It was nice to have time for a catch up with friends Helen, Rachel and Sarah for lunch and here is Genevieve joining in and keeping us entertained!!

My dear friend Andrea joined me at the Tollgate on Friday for a quick sandwich whilst Phoebe was enjoying herself in the apartment upstairs with Nana Gwen.

Finally Friday evening came and Adrian headed out to Stoke for a few drinks with the lads last night and by all accounts they all had a great time and topped of the night off with a curry!!

Its been great to spend some time with Mum today and this morning we decided to meet for breakfast in Hanley. During the afternoon we popped over to see the girls on the cheese stall and Accessory stall in Longton Market, we received a very warm welcome having been a while since I saw everyone, Sharon and Emma are avid readers of the blog...Pop by, its nice when fellow bloggers get together!!

So a great week over all and just want to send our wishes to Mum Oldfield who is celebrating her birthday tomorrow...have a wonderful day, see you in the morning for coffee!! xxxx

To finish with tonight...a quote from Phoebe.
Phoebe was playing in our bedroom and listening to the tv, the advert was for Collagen Anti-wrinkle cream....Phoebe says "Aaah Mummy did you hear that lady say about putting cream on your winkle, should we get Daddy some as a present?" as you can imagine it kept us smiling all day!!!

Good Luck for Stoke City FC against Man Utd tomorrow!!!

Night for now, we'll catch up again following our weekly visit to the hospital.

Dedicating our blog tonight to Ella Wright. A beautiful soul who lost her fight one year ago today. God Bless. Sally, Sam and all the family, you are in our thoughts and prayers and we will keep a candle lit tomorrow to remind us of your gorgeous angel.

Night folks
Rest easy
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor,
I am happy to see life seems to be getting back to normal. Phoebe is doing so well and you tell her I said she is beautiful with or without hair..She is a lovely little girl who is taking all of this much better then I think I would..I really love looking at all the artwork, these children are so talented ..I hope Tuesday goes well and I look forward to the update..Love to all
Lissa

deb oneill said...

Keep going with the fantastic recovery Phoebe, you are a star :)

Lots of love

Cameron and Emma xxxx

Parsnip said...

HI GUYS!!!! It seems like so long since I've been on here! Blogger just does not like me sometimes (does anyone else have problems with getting it to load?) and I've been having sporadic internet connection issues (service provider's problem) ever since we moved in here a few months ago. ANYWAY! I am so very very thrilled to read of all the progress and to see the pics of you all. Good for you for becoming a potential donor Lynn, that is so fab.

Love to you all and of course the other families on the ward, I hope their battles are going as well. See you at Christmas!!!

Tons of love

DenXXXXXXXXXXXXX