Friday Greetings Everyone,
Everyone ready for the weekend?
Thanks guys for popping by, just to start with some very good news...we are now home for a little while and it still feels rather strange being back although now just starting to settle into the comforts of home.
Phoebe has done very well today, the IV chemotherapy given this morning has made her very tired indeed, she was looking slightly pale on the journey home, we prepared in anticipation in case we needed to stop. Throughout the journey Phoebe was very quiet, occasionally taking a nap and with a gentle voice guided her Dad home!!
Before we left today, Vicki, our lovely nurse for today spent some quality time with me explaining all the details of the medication that we need to give at home....my goodness there was a huge amount but we both worked through it. It’s a fair extensive regime with up to 19 doses each day but it’s what we have to do to keep Phoebe well in her preparation for transplant due 26th August 2010. Thanks Vicki and Tricia for your help and lovely care for Phoebe today, much appreciated xxx
Due to the steroids Phoebe is still eating like a horse and her face has bloated a little along with her tummy, she is looking more like her sister everyday as Eleanor had fuller cheeks. Phoebe’s food of fancy from yesterday has been noodles, she loves them...mainly chicken flavour so off to the Chinese supermarket tomorrow to check out their range!!
Gwen and Geoff joined us for dinner tonight and it was a delight to share a fish and chip supper with them followed by a cup of tea made at home...aaah bliss.
It may have been a little overwhelming for Phoebe tonight as she just wanted to sit on the couch for a little while, later I persuaded her to go and take a look at her bedroom to see if it’s just how she left it. As Phoebe has had a big day, I ran a bath but she didn’t want to sit down, so it was a quick wash standing up but I could tell she just wanted to have a lie down in her own bed. Tonight I have seen for the first time that conscious sheer pleasure on my daughters face of what it feels like to be home and in your own bed...she loved it bless her.
Well folks it’s very late now and I have to go and give her a final dose of medicine for the day...so will keep it brief and I’ll catch you tomorrow.
Have a great day tomorrow Gemma and David as they celebrate their Wedding with a wonderful garden party with family and friends. So sorry we cannot be with you but look forward to seeing you both very soon. Much love xxxx
Thinking of you all at the hospital...wishing you all a restful sleep.
Rest easy dear friends
Much Love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
8 comments:
HI All,
It must feel so good to be home..It sounds like she is doing well which I am so happy to hear...Do you know when you will have to go back? I hope you have a lovely restful weekend and as always praying for Phoebe everyday...
Love Lissa
no place like home! So happy you can all have some time in the comforts of home and Phoebe was pleased to see her bed!
How do you manage to keep track of all her meds??
Hope you all have a restful weekend.
Love to all xx xx
So glad to hear youre home. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Thinking of you all every day, especially when reading the blog. Its amazing how you find the time "chips n peas" to keep us all up to date with Miss Phoebe's wonderful progress.
Sending you lots of love and positive vibes x x x
Clare
Hey guys
I bet it feels wonderful to be home, hope you enjoy every moment of it together with your friends and family, always thinking of you and of course little brave Phoebe. I know u must be sick of hearing it Kynn, but your new photo is lovely, you look like a differnet women!!!
Take care al of you and have a fab weekend, Liesa xx
oops that should have read Lynn ha ha xx
Ahhh....there really is no place like home. I hope you all get some much needed rest and comfort this weekend. Really, I wish I could just pop over and make you all sandwiches and noodles. Will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
xoxo
deborah
Hi guys,
Great you are home, nothing like your own bed Phoebe, hope the meds don't get too much for you.
love the O'Neills x
So good to hear you're getting to spend some time at home guys - there really is nothing like your own bed. Thinking of you as you complete the daily meds!
Lilliana sends all her love & is following your beautiful blog,
Love, hugs & prayers
Sarah & all the Scotties xxx
Post a Comment