Thursday, 5 February 2009

Transplant Day +55 - Recovery at Home

Good Evening Folks,

Well, goodness how tired was I last night!! After reading last nights post through before I started tonight’s I couldn’t quite believe how many mistakes…waffle, waffle, waffle…..so apologies folks, I shall try and be a little more coherent tonight!!!

Hope the blog finds you all well and not too disrupted by the snow. Even though it can be a bit of disruption, I really love a snow fall, it makes everything look so much brighter and I’m sure we could all do with a bit of that during these dark winter months!

As I said in last night’s post, after arriving back from the cinema, Ade and I were exhausted and just when you think aah how nice it will be to slip into bed and look forward to a good nights sleep…you have one of the busiest nights yet!!! Bless Phoebe, she just wasn’t right in herself last night and seemed very unsettled. Around 1.30am, Phoebe was saying that she felt sick, so I jumped out of bed and quickly ran into her room, she was a little sick but thankfully not as much as normal. She settled off but before long she was asking for me again, its so lovely to hear Phoebe but I had gone onto auto pilot…feeling shattered I managed to pick her up and rocked her for a while but as I leant onto the side of the cot to settle her down again, Phoebe started to cry and my heart sank, the tube had pulled and come out…I felt devastated!! Phoebe had a little cry but settled again, probably feeling exhausted herself! Throughout the night, Ade and I were up and down until around 5.30am and finally managed to catch an hour or so before we had to get up!

Before breakfast, Ade contacted the community nurse to ask her to pop round and re-insert the tube, he explained about Phoebe having a specific time frame with some of her drugs which needed to be given asap, there may have been a little panic in his voice until he looked outside and saw the snow!!.. instantly realising that we would be seen if a nurse could actually make it over to us with the weather. Luckily, our community nurse lives a few minutes away and popped around within 15 minutes!! A few times I have thought it wouldn’t be a problem for me to re-insert the tube with a little training but I was gently reminded by a nurse at Royal Manchester that it’s nice for Mummy to be the person who Phoebe wants to have a cuddle and feel comfort from which is so important for her… so let the nurses be the baddies!!

Phoebe has been great in herself today; she has eaten very little but still had the odd bite of things so that’s not too bad. She had a few teaspoons of porridge this morning and a piece of cheesy oatcake for lunch. Understandably Phoebe has been a little tired and was actually asking me to take her up to get ready for bed!!!....Bed Mummy Tired!!!

Gwen popped over earlier as Phoebe and I were napping, she is always pleased to see her Nana’s and she asked where the other Nana’s and Granddad’s were. Mum popped over a little later once the weather had settled and it was lovely to just sit and relax in the kitchen together. Geoff had called over to have a chat with Ade on work stuff so Gwen, Mum and I played with some Playdoh with Phoebs that Mum got her for Christmas. Watching mum making lovely flowers, you can really see her creative side coming out, showing us her skills from a life working in the Pottery Industry. Phoebe really enjoyed it cutting out shapes and I can see we will do some more play with this. Phoebe particularly liked the carrot and peas mum also made for her! Nan is well and decided to stay home today to catch up on a few of her programs which she had recorded and we look forward to seeing her tomorrow.

Phoebe has tolerated her feeds incredibly well today and has only mentioned a couple of times that she feels a little sick, she is improving all the time and it won’t be long before she’s back on track and we will then be able to reduce the feeds. Ade and I had a chat with Lynette our Dietician in Manchester, keeping her up to date on how things are with Phoebe and she is really pleased with her…as we all are.

So folks, I am going to get an early night tonight, thanks for popping by and catching up with Phoebe’s progress along with all your lovely messages of support.

Here’s to Sheena who is due to have her baby very shortly, we are sending you love and thinking about you all and…er … Horse box!.... next your Dad will have you all kitted out ready in the stable….you’re not Mary you know!! :o), Hey it doesn’t matter where you are so long as you have that gas and air you won’t mind wherever!!! All our loveXxxx

For you Sheena

‘A new beginning, like the breath of an angel, makes the air seem a
little sweeter and the world seem full of hope’

Rest Easy dear friends, much love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Hi Guys,
I popped on to write a note to you since I didn't get a chance last night or this morning and how confused I got with the Thursday blog being early and as I was re-reading what I thought was Wednesdays post, I thought I must be losing it because I dont remember any of this. Thankfully I smartened up and realized what happened. Wow you guys have gotten alot of snow, my snow was here and gone in a day. How scary to think no one could get to you to replace Phoebes tube? What I love reading about Phoebe is how once she is done being sick or getting the tube back in she just goes about her business. What a blessing she has such a good attitude about everything. I hope with the blog being early, you get to bed early and get a good nights sleep.
Love Lissa

Rach Boulton said...

Hi All

So sorry to hear you had a rough night. Hope tonight is much better and you all get a good night's sleep...let's pray!

lots of love

Rach xxx

Parsnip said...

That sounded like an active night. I can only imagine your concern after you saw the snow! Good old NHS. gotta love a community nurse! So true about letting the nurses be the baddies! I've noticed over here the doctors never do any of the bad stuff, it's always the poor nurses giving shots and taking blood!!! The docs don't want the kids to fear them but I feel for the nurses!

Still laughing about the ironing board!!! Was telling Andy about it last night. He's at a resort on the west coast of Mexico for so called "work" for a whole week leaving me at home in the cold, with a cold!! Every time I speak to him I hear the ocean in the background which is just a teeeeny weeeeeeny bit irritating.

Well folks, it's pizza night tonight for me and the kids, and the oven is beeping at me so I'd better go. Hope last night was better and tonight too.

Take care all!

DenXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX