How is everyone today, we hope you are all well out there in Sunny Stoke, across the Atlantic and the rest of the world!!!!!!!!!!! :o)
After a good weekend mix of visiting the folks, short walks, a little painting and eventually another trip to our local hospital, you could say we have had a busy last few days and weekend. Although saying that, its been fairly relaxing time. Ade is incredibly happy due to the successful win for Stoke City this weekend and well.......Phoebe and I are just happy to enjoy the wonderful sunshine!!
Tonight, we are having a few more photo's and thought it would be nice for you guys to see little more of Phoebe. I may start to do a few more themed galleries too...let me know what you think?
Mum, Phoebe and I had a brief but lovely visit to Longton Park on Saturday. It is a beautiful park and Phoebe really enjoyed watching all the birds, ducks and the odd mad squirrel!! We had a surreal moment whilst down by the pond...there was a flurry of pigeons which flew down and settled to eat the crumbs of bread and then a beautiful pure white dove just flew down and stopped right in front of us...there was an instant feeling that someone had sent it, I asked Phoebe who she thought it may be....and she said it was from Eleanor!!! Aaaah sweetie!!!
Phoebe and Grandad having a little walk around the garden and taking a look at her Sister Eleanor's Memory Garden. Phoebe has had such a good time today mooching about outside. It will be great when we can head out and about a little more. Ade and I took an early visit over to Westport Lake, unfortunately there were just too many children around and as Phoebe's blood counts are rather low at the moment, we thought it best to save it for another time!!
Phoebe loves her sunglasses and is now starting to smile when we ask her to pose for the camera!!!! - Say CHEEEEZZZE!
It was great to see Gary and Lisa today and Phoebe is always pleased to see them too, they are a great distraction tactic in helping Phoebe to eat her lunch....Lisa was surprised today to see how Phoebe's hair is growing back and its getting a little lighter each day too as we have reduced the Ciclosporin now to once daily. This particular medicine promotes hair growth and can change the colour of your natural hair. Hence to say why Phoebe looks so different since having her Bone Marrow Transplant. Here is an earlier photo taken whilst on holiday last year.
After a very tasty lunch, here is Mum sitting with Phoebe and having a well deserved rest, the folks are great having us over for lunch..Thanks Mum and Dad, you look after us so well, we are truly blessed!!Sundays are great!! Ade and I enjoy having the opportunity to head out for a change of scenery. After lunch at Mum and Dad's we generally head over to Nan and Ed's where Gwen and I took a walk to help Phoebe to doze off for a nap. The weather has been glorious, we just have to seize the moment and head out as much as possible.
Its always nice to see Nan and Ed on a Sunday afternoon, today Nan and I had a really good chat in the kitchen with a cuppa whilst the rest of the gang saw an exciting match result in penalites between Manchester United and Everton for a place final in the final of the FA Cup - Everton won!!
Here's Phoebe just taking it easy, she loves the trike and enjoys having a walk up and down the avenue whilst Nana Gwen pushes her gently along.
Phoebe has been generally ok and she has eaten a little better than usual today having a few teaspoons of traditional Sunday lunch followed by homemade rice pudding and fruit...ok...I'll be honest..I did help her a little with the pud!
Guys, as its a brief posting tonight, I'm going to head off and bid you all a farewell until our next update following our weekly visit to Clinic on Tuesday.
'Tonight I pray not for my tasks equal to my strength: I ask
for strength equal to my tasks'Phillips Brooks 1835-1893
Much love to you all, rest easy folks
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
2 comments:
Hi Phoebe,
Good to see you in your sunnies - Emma and I have been skiing last week in Austria and it was so sunny we had to wear ours as well.
Hope the nice weather this week means you can get out and watch your plants grow.
We are thinking of you all every day and love reading about your adventures - you continue to amaze us with your recovery.
Lots of love
Cameron and Emma xx
Hi to you all
I still check in regularly to see how you are all doing and, of course, to see the gorgeous pictures of Phoebe. The sunshine makes such a difference to the evenings and being able to just walk outside.
Love to you all and will see you again soon
xx
Post a Comment