Hey…how is everyone out there? It’s great to be back and we hope this posting finds you all well and enjoying the weekend so far.
Phoebe’s continues to be so spritely even though she is dealing with the daily deluge of sickness and lack of appetite but our saving grace being it won’t last forever. Just appreciating the fact that we are…for today, in the comfort of our home having just spent a wonderful week being surrounded by our amazingly supportive family and friends.
During the week, Ade Phoebe and I have found ourselves out and about having some well needed fresh air and good walks being as the weather has brightened and certainly warmed up a little!! We are still in semi-isolation although having spent a little time at home now we are more confident heading out and understanding our limitations of places to visit and managing the medicines and feeds whilst we’re out.
It was great to catch up with some of my work colleagues for lunch on Thursday, they were all on good form and I look forward to returning to work as soon as possible and this also means another big step towards returning normal and hopefully just enjoying our everyday lives!!!
After lunch I made time to pop into the playgroup at St.Teresa’s Church in Trent Vale, it was wonderful to catch up with everyone and have a cuppa…even though I had to keep a distance it was fabulous to see all the children and my goodness how they have all grown, bless them!!! It will be fantastic to bring Phoebe back to the group and interesting to see how she handles being around children again.
As I had a pass out for the afternoon, I made the most of it and joined up with Michelle for a coffee around 3pm, just being able to kick back and enjoy a coffee with a delicious piece of cake and good chat was a real treat along with great company…and then to my surprise I bumped into Sam, Elliot, Ashley and their new arrival Kate, aaah she is so beautiful…..it was great to see you all and a truly great end to a rather relaxing day!!
I arrived home and Phoebe had been amazing all day keeping the troops entertained, as the weather has been so good the last few days it’s been wonderful to get Phoebe out in the fresh air for a change. Maybe this is why Phoebe has had better sleep these past few nights! Our specialist nurse Julie from the local hospital came by for a visit during the
Friday came and I had arranged to have some time at work with Andrea to update on a few things but they thoughtfully called to say a few of the guys had sore throats and some felt a little unwell so maybe it was best to avoid the germies and re-arrange for next week.…hope you are all feeling better and I look forward to catching up this week.
As the plans had changed, Ade and I took the opportunity to head out and grab
Later in the afternoon, we returned home to be joined by the troops for a cuppa..another lovely end to a fairly busy day….well certainly busy enough for Phoebe…we sometimes forget how tired she can become because she is generally so spritely but once in the car…she goes straight to snooze mode!! We are hopefully heading away for a couple of days whilst some outstanding work is completed on the house, it will be too dusty for Phoebe so we may just head to the coast, needing to still be in a fairly close proximity to Manchester for our appointment on Tuesdays.
The weekend just got better and better. On Saturday afternoon, everyone arrived over to Helen and Jonathan’s house, it was great to head over for an hour thanks to Gwen popping in to help with Phoebe. I was so excited driving over there, just couldn’t wait to
We were a little late joining the guys for dinner as Phoebe started to be really sick early evening but she soon settled. After Ade and I eventually left for Hilderstone, Phoebe stayed up for a while and happened to really enjoy a bite of Mum’s sandwich and a few teaspoons of yoghurt..which is fantastic that she actually asked for it!!!
Jonathan and Helen excelled themselves as hosts as they always do…being great company and cooking us a real tasty Spaghetti Bolognaise which is one of Jonathan’s specialities, Manju kindly cooked a wonderful vegetarian lasagne and Estelle made truly fabulous tiramisu puddings and as fruit pastry speciality…I ruined my diet….can you remember the two week special K diet I started way back when…well I resume Monday morning!! :o)
We arrived home around 11.30pm, I was so tired having enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine for a change! and were so pleased when Mum and Dad said Phoebe had settled well without a peep…what more can I say!! Thanks to you both, we really appreciated you coming over to sit for us.xxx
Today has been a great day too with a morning visit back over to the Whitehurst’s, this time with Phoebe. She was so pleased to see everyone and had a little time in the garden entertaining us all..you could tell she really enjoyed herself and I know the guys did too. The children all came out and Phoebe had lots of waves and smiles for them. Aaah its just been great and we are so pleased to have had a little time with everyone feeling we are back in the real world..it felt rather overwhelming having been such a while since we were all together.
The rest of the day has been relaxing with a tasty family lunch over at Mum and Dad’s and a lovely tea at Nan and Ed’s. Phoebe had really been on form the past couple of days despite having a runny nose so we will keep an eye on things and keep you guys posted.
Denise and I had a great chat and she mentioned the fact that there are a few friends over there in the States who are enthusiastically following the blog, a special mention goes to her friend LaDonna who enjoys reading the postings and keeping up to date with Phoebe’s progress. I have come to know there are quite a number of bloggers out there around the world who we don’t know personally but join us for each update so a special hello to you all and thanks for your support and well wishes.
Its been a lengthy posting tonight and as its now 1am I shall say goodnight but please join us again tomorrow for the latest photo’s from our weekend.
A special thanks to Ed for making our garden look so fabulous..you are a star!! Bless you xxx
Also, a special mention to Andrea who has taken her first dance exam, hope it all went well and your nerves calmed a little!!!
For my dear friends…..
‘May the angels surround you and shower you with blessings you all so richly deserve’Night folks…until tomorrow
Much love, rest easy....
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
4 comments:
Hi
Sounds like a thoroughly enjoyable and busy weekend. Was great to catch up on Thursday and the cake didn't go down too badly either!!!
Love to you all - we off for a few days break now. See you all again soon
Lots of Love and hugs
Michelle and Owen
xxxx
Have a wonderful break hun, hope the weather stays nice for you.
Hey guys,
Long posts make me late home!! Glad to hear all is well and progressing though, big hugs to you all.
Glad to hear you're making Jonathon do something useful!
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Iain
xx
Hello All,
So fantastic to see you this weekend. It was great fun on Saturday night - and so delighted to hear that Phoebe was a hungry girl whilst you were out!
Wish we had been able to stay to play in the garden with you all on Sunday.
Hope to catch up soon and thank you so much for all the toys for Archie - they are fabulous.
Keep smiling and love and hugs to Phoebe,
Sheena, Rich, Isobel and Archie
Post a Comment