How is everyone, hope this update finds you all well.
Thanks for popping by and catching up with us each day, we are aware there are a good many folks who are with us on this journey, especially reading the blog and just wanted to say thanks for taking the time in your day to come and see how we all are.
Again, we are so pleased to be able to tell you that Phoebe continues with positive progress. Rob is extremely happy with how things are going and is keen to press on with the focus of keeping Phoebe well and sending us home soon. Blood results are good and as expected, however, we are now beginning to see some effects of chemo particularly over the past couple of days with sickness and mucositis. One of Rob's concerns is Phoebe's nutrition and so far we have narrowly managed to avoid the TPN which is feeding directly through the
Phoebe has been on fine form today and has been painting quite a few pictures with Nana Marge and Nana Gwen. Ade and I took a stroll for coffee together...it felt like a date!!! We then bumped into Geoff (Ade's Dad) also out for a bit of fresh air, we all took some time out and relaxed with a cappuccino in our local Cafe Nero on the Boulevard! With all the showers we've had today, luckily managed to catch this rainbow over the hospital!! Its good for Phoebe to have a little time with others and I also love the feeling of walking into the unit again and seeing Phoebe's smiles.
Been a tough day with medicines along with our weekly change of dressings and taking routine swabs. Phoebe really dislikes this part of being here but we drafted in Peppa Pig and together they got through it, Phoebe managed to change Peppa's dressing and they were both very brave!!! Thanks to Peppa and Charlotte our lovely nurse xxxx
Phoebe has received a lovely wooden guardian Angel today from Lynn and Diane, they are down at the Vom Fass shop in Trentham Gardens...definitely worth a visit if you need a gift with a difference!! Thanks girls, hope you are well and we look forward to catching you again soon.
Here is yesterday's chosen art and this was sent in by Maddie James. Thanks Maddie, a lovely piece of work with a great use of different materials xxxx
Today's chosen art comes from Rosie in Wales and this is a lovel
Taking the opportunity for an early night tonight so for now folks, thanks for joining us again and we'll catch you tomorrow for another round up of progress from The Royal Manchester Children's Hospital xxx
Rest easy folks.
Much Love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
6 comments:
Hi Becky, thinking about you hun, not long now, keep going!!
Deborah, thanks for your lovely messages, do you get to see much of our dear parsnip? Love to all over there in the States
Thanks for the technical support Mr Eardley!! Will get Ade on the case tomorrow. Good to speak to you Leanne..c'mon now girl ...crack on!! xxxx
Hi all,
Thanks Lynn for taking the time to update on the blog.
Do you know when Rob is likely to be happy for you to come home?
XX
i think that rainbow was for you and your phoebe:)
i don't see parsnip now that she picked up and moved 1000 miles away. i miss her something awful--i complain to her regularly:)
hoping that phoebe can avoid get the nasal tube and her appetite picks up.
best
deborah
come on phoebe i can't manage turkey and cranberry alone i need your help!!
bex
Hello lovelies! I have to say I am very much enjoying the artwork from the bloggeroonies. Some fab pics, what great little artists there are out there! Keep 'em coming! Great to hear the continuing progress of Miss Phoebe. You all have so much positivity winging your way from the rest of the world, I know you can feel it!
Deborah and I met on a school bus - on a school trip to an art museum, we were both chaperoning and the vacant seat next to me was the only one left on the bus. Deborah sat down and the rest is history! We love each other! She is a crazy nutball and my soul sister! I only met her in January but I feel like I've known her forever:) One day we'll take a video camera and drive across the US together and it will be a montage of us daring each other to do stupid things and we'll no doubt be arrested! But we'll have fun and THAT'S what matters!
Have a great day lovelies!
Dear aunty Lynn uncle Ade and Phoebe marge hope every thing is ok I have been really missing you guys:( It was are first day at school it was good! we did not get any home work:) Plus we did not do any work!!!!!! So I hope it all goes well
lots and lots and lots of love from Madelinexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :):)
Hawdee peeps hope you are all ok.... I thought that the first day was ok mr phelan wasnt as bad as he used to be.We are doing a collage and we could choose what we could do. I chose funny faces.I have to sit next to the rowley mole(Joel)and nisaac(Isaac)the two most annoying people in the whole class(the WORLD)I hope everything is ok with you guys I like the peppa pig on the picture I hope phoebe liked all our presents!!!! lots of gigantic love Evexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(I think the rainbow was for you and the phoebster and uncle ade).Evexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Kids not left much room !!!Love and hugs and positive energy from the Hilderstone Massivexxxxx
Post a Comment