How are we all this evening?
Phoebe has had a really good day today and overall a much quieter day than yesterday. We were aiming to be home today, however, after speaking to Rob this morning he would like to keep her for a couple of days more as we may be seeing early signs of mild GvHD. Graft verses Host Disease is when the new cells react to Phoebe's body whilst settling in, effects of this can be seen in a rash of the skin.
Phoebe is having episodes of intense itching on her legs and she is really trying not to scratch, her nails are short so I am not pressurising her to stop scratching as I know how I feel, sometimes its impossible to stop!!
The folks have been over today, bringing with them a tasty variety of sandwiches and some homemade cakes from Jackie. Thanks Jackie...Mum and me said the same thing at the same time today...'how does Jackie make her cakes taste so light??...you have a real gift there, thanks Jackie, bless you.
With the folks being a little unsure whether we were coming home, they were having withdrawal symptoms from not seeing their little angel and couldn't wait any longer...Phoebe was relaxed and has taken her medicines really well today. We've had a small bout of sickness but overall she had been brilliant. Bloods are levelling out and we can expect them to fluctuate daily as they settle.
Ade and I had a little time out today and headed into the city; it's lovely to have some time together, gives us a giggle as it always feels like we're out on a date!! Having just finished an superb book called "Eat, Pray and Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, I just had to find the sequel called "Committed", looking forward to starting this tonight!
Here is today's ch
We continue with each day and will await to hear Rob's thoughts tomorrow along with the results from the daily blood tests. So keeping things brief after a pretty chilled day, I will say Goodnight and catch you all tomorrow.
Rest easy folks,
Much Love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
1 comment:
Hi Folks!
Just to let you know Andrea and I are supervising the next blog update . . . c'mon Lynn, more typing less chatter!!!! We're all waiting . . .
xxxx
Post a Comment