Good Evening and welcome everyone; we hope all is well and thanks for joining us on this continuing journey with Phoebe following her Bone Marrow Transplant.
Our little angel has had a very tiring day today and again she has done us so proud with how far she has come and how she copes with all this!!
Phoebe understood the plans for the day and this morning she wasn’t upset at all when we arrived at the hospital in Manchester. It was nice to see the doctors and nurses although we didn’t really plan on staying unless advised.
Phoebe had bloods taken first thing and then a regular weight check. The possibility of staying in at Manchester depended on whether Phoebe had lost any weight and again since Monday she has. Nuti was happy with his observations but was concerned about her weight and spoke to Rob. Our nutritionist Nicola came to see us and was also a little concerned but advised us on feeding supplements through the NG tube to enable us to have the rest of the weekend at home. Nicola has given us different flavoured nutritional drinks, Phoebe tried and quite enjoyed the chocolate, and we will see how she is this weekend. Rob has advised us that we will need to stay in next week if Phoebs loses anymore weight therefore we have been allowed home until Monday. The plan is to get Phoebe’s weight back on track and bulk her up. The weight loss may be due to several things, possibly some mucositis still present in her stomach along with re-training it to take food again, after not eating regularly for two weeks following the transplant. With this in mind, we also need to take into consideration that she still has the Norovirus; this will take a little while longer for Phoebe’s to clear due to her immune system being still low.
Rob reassured us and we finally left for home. Phoebe hasn’t had much of an appetite again today and didn’t really want to drink either. It is easy to see how children can easily fall out of the habit of eating and drinking after feeling unwell.
Just feeling so tired on the way home, I took a nap but was suddenly woken by Ade shouting me as Phoebe was being sick, aaah bless her, she was a little upset especially about being woken from her nap too, again the tube had come out. We contacted Cheetham’s and Becky just told us to come along. We have open access to the hospital and staff are aware of Phoebe’s treatment.
Becky swiftly popped the tube back in; Phoebe was definitely aware of what has happening and this time was a little upset but again she coped remarkably through it…we were on our way home again.
We did get as far as the corridor and towards the exit before Phoebe was sick again; it was late and there was nobody around as we were leaving but all of a sudden a nurse came towards me and another gentleman…angels to the rescue. Amanda from the ward came to help clean us up…and the corridor!! Thanks very much for your help, it was greatly appreciated.
Eventually, we reached home feeling exhausted. Mum had waited here all day for us and so kindly cleaned the house but had to leave before we got back, so thanks Mum for helping us out. You are a star. Gwen and Geoff came over and brought a fabulous chippy tea with them. It was good for Gwen to have a break out as she has been resting her foot today.
Eventually, everything calmed down and Phoebe settled having a cuddle. She has had her meds. this evening and is now in bed fast asleep.
It’s been fairly exhausting but we are all ok and just getting through things by the hour today. Tomorrow is another day and we are at home, we have some blessings!!!
Thanks for all your positivity folks it really keeps our spirits up xxx
For now peeps…rest easy until tomorrow xxx
'Everyone, no matter how humble he may be, has angels to watch over him. They are heavenly, pure and splendid, and yet they have been given us to keep us company on our way; they have been given the task of keeping careful watch over you.'All our love,
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxx
8 comments:
Hi All,
That was some day you all had.. It amazes me how great Phoebe is with all that goes on. She just does what needs to be done and moves on.
How great that she is like that. Is there a certain amount of weight they would like to see by Monday? I hope tomorrow is a little easier for you. I'll pray her tummy gets better so that tube stays down..
Till tomorrow
Love Lissa
dear guys
chin up guys!! this seems to be the hardest bit of the journey but you will get through this and phoebe will be well!!!
lots of love manju
I just want to scoup you up and take it all away with my magic wand. You are so strong, all of you and I know that the next phase will testing but you will get through it. You are in my prayers.
Love Rachel.
Well done to you all - you got through what sounds like a really tough day! Just a case of taking things a day at a time and hoping that Phoebe's little tum gets better soon. We are all thinking of you - good that you can be at home again for the weekend - keeping everything crossed that the weight increases for you all by Monday.
Take great care
Much love and thoughts,
Jude West Maddie Alex and Chlo-Jo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Lynn,Adrian and Phoebe,
Just sending you all my love. Stay strong. Phoebe is doing so well and from what I am reading from you she has such spirit. I know she will be ok. I catch up with you most nights. Just wanted to let you know there are so many people thinking of you.I met with Pam on wed of this week. We have arranged for a mums meeting I know that you wont be able to attend yet butI hope that you will be back with as soon as you can.
All my Love
Jackie Gallimore
(tree tops mums group)
((((((((You poor things))))))), all of you. I'm imagining the three of you all tired and crumpled but bravely soldiering on. I think I'd have had a major tantrum by now. Poor little Phoebs, all that sickness and the tubes repeatedly being put back in....she is a little star, she really really is.
Hope Gwen's foot gets better, "funny" how she did it ballroom dancing! My mum did that once too - some bloke going the other way trod on her foot! And Gary - that's got to be so annoying.
Your parents have really been fantastic. The love,care, concern and focus that you direct towards Phoebe is exactly what they feel for both of you. It really does takes having children of your own before you realize just how much your mum and dad care for you.
Lissa - wotcha! Did you say you worked for BCBS of NJ?! Cuz that's who our new policy is with! I thought it was BCBS of MI but no! If I call up to check my benefits etc will I get to talk to you?!!!!
Snowing again here and we have a few more days of it. Andy's put his back out so it looks like he will have to let me use his precious snow blower! WHOOOO HOOOOO!! I've had my eye on it for years!!
Well take care all of you. I really hope that you had a more peaceful and rest filled day:)
Tons of love
DenXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
((((((((You poor things))))))), all of you. I'm imagining the three of you all tired and crumpled but bravely soldiering on. I think I'd have had a major tantrum by now. Poor little Phoebs, all that sickness and the tubes repeatedly being put back in....she is a little star, she really really is.
Hope Gwen's foot gets better, "funny" how she did it ballroom dancing! My mum did that once too - some bloke going the other way trod on her foot! And Gary - that's got to be so annoying.
Your parents have really been fantastic. The love,care, concern and focus that you direct towards Phoebe is exactly what they feel for both of you. It really does takes having children of your own before you realize just how much your mum and dad care for you.
Lissa - wotcha! Did you say you worked for BCBS of NJ?! Cuz that's who our new policy is with! I thought it was BCBS of MI but no! If I call up to check my benefits etc will I get to talk to you?!!!!
Snowing again here and we have a few more days of it. Andy's put his back out so it looks like he will have to let me use his precious snow blower! WHOOOO HOOOOO!! I've had my eye on it for years!!
Well take care all of you. I really hope that you had a more peaceful and rest filled day:)
Tons of love
DenXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
!!!!!! I managed (bizarrely) to post that twice!!! I miss a day or two and look at me! I'm such an attention seeker!!!! Just REALLLY wanted you to see it!!
Post a Comment