Monday, 19 January 2009

Transplant Day +39 - Preparing for Phoebe's first Outpatient Appointment.

Good Evening Bloggers,

Wow, what a hectic day, we do hope your Monday was a little more peaceful and trust this posting finds you all well!

Its been very busy here at Chester Crescent and it seems like we have been non stop, sorting Phoebe’s medicines and feeds as well as Mum and Dad popping over and helping to clean through which is a tremendous help.

The morning started around 8.30am as I had been up a couple of times in the night with Phoebe. I just got the feeling she was awake and felt a little lonely bless her, she wasn’t particularly upset but just wanted a little reassurance we were both here. We do bring Phoebe into bed with us for 10 mins usually on a weekend before we get up but Phoebe likes to be on the go from the minute she wakes up so long as she feels well.

There was just something with Phoebe throughout the morning that made her quite unsettled, she is able to let us know when she is feeling sick and can say if her tummy is sore and today this was the case. Ade and I had a chat and we feel it may be the Norovirus having another go at Phoebe as it may take some time for Phoebe to clear this due to her immune system. Phoebe was fine before breakfast but then became quite lethargic for a while.

We have managed to give Phoebs a couple of the special feeds this morning but unfortunately Phoebe was a little sick a short while after breakfast. So cleaning and washing everything down takes a little while and before you know it, its medicine time again. Phoebe does cope so well with the regime. Today was the first time that she complained about her nose tube, it seemed as though it has irritated her a little. Phoebe’s appetite has been better today and she ate well at lunch having a few pieces of toasted cheese with some Pasta spaghetti in tomato sauce, she doesn’t normally like this one but she did well having few teaspoons.

Geoff came to see us this morning and helped us to get a few of our odd jobs sorted and she was pleased to see him, she said he was like Bob the Builder, fixing things!!!! She amazes me with her level of understanding and she knows exactly what she wants to say. During the day, Phoebe had some high peaks where she was happily walking around but later just wanted to have some hug time with Mum.


Gwen and Marge came over a little later with a full Sunday lunch in tow, they very kindly helped us out with the washing and dishes. Its been lovely having the folks here, we are so well looked after, it beggars belief sometimes what we have done to deserve such amazing parents and in law’s. We have all mucked in to look after Phoebe and the general cleaning of the house. They are our true blessings. Our dinner was delicious, thankyou XX

Phoebe had a bath tonight, you could tell she really enjoyed herself, being back at home in her own environment is much better for her recovery. Heading back to Manchester tomorrow to see Rob and Sarah, we are not expecting to stay too long as this is just to see them in the outpatient clinic. Of course we will update you all asap with Phoebe’s progress.

Throughout the day, she has been up and down and this has worn her out tonight, after a lovely warm bubbly bath, she happily read a story with Margaret and Frank and enjoyed her warm bedtime drink. They are so pleased we are back at home now and Margaret was thrilled Phoebe was still awake so she could have her ‘Phoebe fix’!!

Phoebe has gone to bed so willing tonight, she was so tired bless her…a bit like me so I’ll sign off as its an early start tomorrow…will keep you posted on Phoebs progress but for now….

A special mention to our friend Maddy who has just had a little stay in hospital having had an operation, she was very brave. Hey Well done Maddy xxx

Tonight's quote is for my cousin Sarah who has just celebrated her birthday, she loves to hear about angels and the stories of how they have helped in my life…

‘Each of us are assigned angels to assist us throughout our journey
here, ask for their help and be open to their loving guidance.’

Thanks for all your messages of love and support x

Rest easy
Much Love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor

5 comments:

Lissa said...

Hi Guys,
I hope all goes well tomorrow in Manchester. Looking forward to the update on Phoebes progress..
Love and Prayers
Lissa

Parsnip said...

Hi guys

Poor Phoebe, she really does so well with all she has to go through. You ALL do so well with this stuff, I'm sure you have your moments, but you just seem to keep plodding on through it all. Hope tomorrow goes ok and Phoebe doesn't get too upset at seeing the hospital again.

Big day for us folks over here - it's BUH BYE Bush and HELLO Obama!! I am Inauguration crazy right now. Am ditching my volunteer responsibilities at school and spending the day waving at my hero Obama on the tele. Then on Wednesday I have to get up early and take Paddy in for what *might* be his last MRI....just his regular check up (he has a Chairi Malformation where his cerebellum falls down into his spinal column a little way). His last MRI showed it shrinking back into place so KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED GUYS!!!

Take care all of you! Hope you have a restful night.

Tons of love

DenXXXXXXXXXX

PS LIssa! To answer your gym question....I have some serious weight to lose but I have good endurance and am somewhat fit so I do about 50-60 mins of high intensity cardio (I get my heart rate high) with 20-30 mins of weights (upper body one day, lower body the next). I am quite a sight in the gym believe me. I am very pale indeed so I go bright (BRIGHT) red and holy moly, can I sweat. People back away from me. Some people who know me don't even recognize me. Some tiny little neighbor I don't know so well came to workout next to me the other day and I was like "ohhhh chicky!! You are not going to recognize the person I slowly transform into over the next 40 mins!!" She couldn't get away from me fast enough when we stopped. I must stink, sweat literally pops off my skin and I look like I am about to go into cardiac arrest. The gym is one of those 24 hr places, I need never worry about being attacked when there are no staff there. I look deranged. BTW, do you have a Facebook account???

Lissa said...

Parsnip,
Well I should be embarrassed to say this, but I do 30 minutes on the treadmill at work..That is it, and then the second I feel a sweat coming on I want to go home and take a shower. I tried that stepping thing and it felt like I might fall off, so I did what any sensible girl would do, I got off the dam thing. Funny you should mention facebook, I logged into it yesterday because I have a cousin who does it, but I didnt make up a thing about me.. Do You have one?
Keep Warm and Enjoy Barack tomorrow, I will be at work and will have to see it on tv at night, did you see the plane that landed in the Hudson River? That was probably 70 miles or so from me..Knowing the area, he didn't have any other options, way to much of a populated area on both the NJ and NY side of the river..
Good Luck with Paddy's MRI..

Anonymous said...

hope today has gone well at out patients x x

good luck with the mri parsnip x x

fay walker said...

Hello everyone,

We hope all goes ok with your first outpatient appointment. Phoebe has done so wonderfully well to reach this stage and of course so have you with all the medicines and feeding regimes etc.

Thinking of you as always.

Best wishes

Fay and Ian