Sunday, 25 January 2009

Transplant Day +45 - The Recovery at Home

Welcome again fellow Bloggers,

We hope everyone has had a relaxing Sunday and thanks once again for joining us.

We would like to begin tonight with some amazing news. We were contacted by the hospital and informed that, following some blood taken for DNA tests, Phoebe is now…100% donor. We have some questions for Rob about this to take with us on Tuesday for the clinic and we will update you guys with more.

Recently we have noticed that Phoebe has been getting back to her old self much more, she’s walking non-stop and this helps give us a good indication that she is getting stronger each day.

During this journey we have talked about the ups and downs experienced each day and with so much improvement with Phoebs she continues to have her good days when the medicines go well and we manage to give her all the feeds. Even though Phoebe has been incredible in herself today she had had a little sickness which tends to upset her a little.

We awoke this morning quite early and, as it was Sunday morning following a late night, it was lovely to have snuggles in bed. Ade and I were absolutely shattered this morning and have been for most of the day…are we getting old, can’t take the pace??

Mum and Dad really looked after us again with a fabulous lunch at their house, bless them! Phoebe was looking forward to seeing Uncle Gary and Lisa; she was a little tired when we arrived though as she had just fallen into a fairly deep sleep as we reached their house. Usually, during the mornings, Phoebe will still take a nap as she can become tired but with this surge of energy recently she just keeps going!!

Phoebe’s appetite has been incredible today and we were surprised by how much lunch and pudding she ate. It's such an amazing feeling when we see Phoebe enjoying her food. Mum was so kind to offer up her mass this weekend for Phoebe so that her appetite would increase; I think she was even amazed herself when she told us that, should we be really surprised? Throughout this whole process it has been felt thatthere has been a divine guidance with us assisting all the way to make this as smooth a time as possible. For the truly awful time we had with Eleanor in hospital maybe karma has been restored by Phoebe doing as well as she has, it really is truly remarkable when we think about all the complications that may have occurred…a miracle maybe?!!

After lunch we headed over to Nan and Ed’s for a cuppa and, bless Phoebe, she tried to fall asleep and managed it successfully as we pulled onto their drive!! I really felt for her as she was so tired but as soon as she saw Gwen and Nan she forgot all about it and proceeded to do about 200 laps around Nan’s spacious bungalow!! It was great to see them and we stopped to have a little tea shortly after getting Phoebe ready for bed. She fell asleep then woke up suddenly and was so sick. We had just given her a feed but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Since we have arrived home this evening, Ade has given the last of her meds. but Phoebe was sick just after another feed and was quite upset; she has settled now and hopefully she will have a good nights sleep, and us too…

Thanks for all your lovely messages, love and prayers. We continue on this journey with the help of your support and bid you all farewell until tomorrow.


The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Helen Keller
Much love,

Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx

4 comments:

Parsnip said...

HURRRRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all just fabulous news!!!! The dna, the energy, the eating! Ok, the sickness is not good but there is so much progress in other areas! I'm so happy to hear all of this!

Keep fighting all of you!!!

Tons of love

DenXXXXXXXXX

PS - spoke to h and J today - they said you all had a fantastic Burns Night!! When I called h was super tired from all the fun you had and had been napping on the couch; J meanwhile was on his hands and knees sealing the floor.....I don't know if you've noticed this, but that's kinda how it is at that house.......

PPS Lissa! Facebook is sooooo much fun!!! I am a little too addicted!!!

Anonymous said...

great news x x x i continue to send possitive thoughts love and many prayers your way.....

becky mark and molly x x x

Michelle and Owen said...

Hi to you all

Fantastic news and I am so glad that Phoebe is being to feel a little like her old self again.

Hoping that the sickness will subside soon and sending lots of love and kisses

all our love
xxx

Lissa said...

Hi Everyone,
I'm glad to hear the good news, I don't mean to appear stupid, but when you get a chance can you tell me what that means exactly.I'm not surprised you got good news,she has been doing so very well, even with the sickness once its done she back on her way..
Hope today was a good day for all of you..I look forward to tonights update. Love Lissa

Parsnip,
Have you become a Facebook hog and no longer have time for us here? How do I find you on it, I am under my own name Lissa Ippoliti.. I haven't done much on it, just added a couple of people from work as my friends. I actually did look for you last week under Parsnip, there are alot of Parsnips out there.
Talk to you soon..