Welcome to Phoebe’s blog on this wet and windy Saturday evening. We hope you are all well and enjoying the weekend so far.
It's fantastic being back at home I have to say, just really appreciating the comforts and it makes us feel so much better that the folks only have to make a short drive see us.
Aaah, being back in our own beds last night was such a great feeling although by the time we finally jumped into bed it was gone 1am. We all slept so well and Phoebe awoke early this morning at 5am but I shushed her back to sleep, whispering that it was too early to get up. It just felt like my head had hit the pillow and within 5 mins. someone was telling me to wake up!! Maybe it’s a release of emotional energy because each time we arrive home, the following day Ade and I feel completely exhausted. Phoebe may have also felt like that today as she has been extremely quiet and not been feeling her usual bubbly self.
As Phoebe is having the special feeds we are just going with the flow each day with regards to her general food and, with the supplement feeds, we will increase or reduce slightly the amounts depending on what she has eaten during meal times. This morning, Phoebs only ate a few teaspoons of porridge and a few sips of tea. Having the supplement feed seemed to fill her but after an hour or so she asked for some more porridge so we made a small amount and she just about managed a few more teaspoons. Certainly throughout the day, Phoebe hasn’t felt well, she has had some peaks but then becomes quite withdrawn and is happy to just sit on your knee for cuddles. This can be expected considering everything she has gone through, not eating very much is giving her a little wind in her tummy but I’m sure she will be back to her normal self and eating well in the next few months. Phoebe has done incredibly well.
It’s a real pleasure having a leisurely morning at home, sitting for breakfast in the kitchen, going into the sitting room and having a hug on the couch, reading, playing games, talking or just watching TV, aaah, fabulous. Taking a shower was so relaxing, oh and no guys I didn’t pinch any of the towels from the hospital or sheets for that matter, I have my limits now although I do miss the exfoliation a little!!!
As always, it's lovely to have friends and family popping by and today we had a visit from both parents. Also, Ed (Ade's Grandad) nipped around earlier this morning and was so pleased when Phoebe recognised his voice from upstairs and we came down with Phoebs saying “Ed, Ed!”. He returned home and told Marj how thrilled he was that Phoebe said his name…aah!! Marj joined the troops today and popped over for a while, there was a real buzz about the place!
Helen and Jonathan popped over for a cuppa whilst their girls Eve and Madeline went to the Brownie disco; the girls have a busier social life than us adults! Hope you enjoyed yourselves girls! It was nice for a few of us to get together and Estelle also came to join the gathering. Ade and Jonathan popped out to do a few errands, whilst us girls chatted the afternoon away. The troops didn’t stay too late particularly as they all head out on most Saturday evenings. Cousin Margaret also came to see Phoebs; she was having withdrawal symptoms and just couldn’t wait any longer for a cuddle.
Ade arrived back and brought hot roast chicken and salad for dinner, fabulous! Marg stayed for a little while but Estelle headed off as we were going to see each other later for a drink at the Trentham Hotel after dinner.
Phoebe has seemed quite tired all day and once everything had quietened down, she sat with Ade and I on the couch and we pretended to have a lovely picnic. It wasn’t long before Phoebe was fast asleep and feeling so tired myself I wasn’t sure if I was going to head out.While I was having a think about bowing out of the plans Helen, as if is reading my mind, called to say there had been an accident near her house. Helen and Jonathan were heading over to Jude and West’s for dinner and due to the accident they were delayed and just being served their starters when we should have been heading out. Truthfully, I was so glad to be able to just relax for a while and go to bed early.
So that’s us folks for another day, we hope to catch you all tomorrow but for now dear friends, sleep tight….
Tonight’s quote is dedicated to Lisa, who is celebrating a special birthday tonight in her new apartment. Hope you are enjoying yourself and we look forward to catching up with you soon hun x
‘Whatever your role, you have within yourself the ability to encourage and inspire others to achieve greater things.
There is a dual benefit to this.
The first is that someone else will go on to achieve something of worth. The second is that you will be encouraged and inspired yourself.’
With love,
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
3 comments:
Evening all
Surrrrrre you didn't nick any of the special towels Lynn ... wink ........( with all the hospital staff reading you have to be careful what you say, huh?!)
Sounds like you had a lovely day at home. I can imagine there is a big release of tension when you get back there, no wonder you are so tired. What do the troops usually do on a Saturday evening? I'm intrigued! More ballroom dancing?!
Good to hear that Helen and Jonathan made it over to see you.....they are a special pair aren't they?
Hilarious that Eve and Madeline's Brownies get a disco! Nothing that special here - Helena's troop is going to the local supermarket for a look round on Tuesday! I shall have to start hinting to the Brownie Gestapo (as our leader is known....she 's a stickler).
Well I'm being summoned for bedtime reading and it won't be long before I'm tucked up myself, did a lot in the gym today and I'm a little fatigued!
Hope tomorrow is a good day:)
Lots of love
DenXXXXXXXXX
Hi,
Well Lynn, Since it seems you have a few extra towels in your house, when you get a chance you can send me and Parsnip one..I don't think we have exfoliating towels here.
It's always exhausting once you get home from anywhere and I'm sure with everything going on you must be terribly exhausted, so I hope you relax as much as you can while you are home. Has the tube stayed in since you have been home? I sure hope so..How's the rash responding to the steroids? Enjoy your Sunday, Till Tomorrow..
Love Lissa
Hey Parsnip,
You must really be working out hard, we have a gym at work and I go and I usually don't come home tired ( I guess that could be because I'm not doing very much while I am there) anyway I was laughing at your daughters brownie trip..To The Supermarket for a look around? Why there? Hope you are warm enough..
Hi Lynn
I dont know if you remember me, my name is Sarah Clarke and i worked at the Tollgate in 1998. I was the one who had to endure everyone mocking my northern accent - especially Ade!!!!
My dad John who is still a member at tollgate told me about your blog. AS a mother myself i cant imagine what you have been through but as always you remain upbeat and positive. You helped me through some pretty dark times when i lived in stoke and i will never forget. You are an inspiration. I will continue to follow your blog and you will all be in my prayers.
Take Care and God Bless
Sarah xx
Post a Comment