Thursday, 22 January 2009

Transplant Day +42 - Recovery at Home

Well Hello Again Fellow Bloggers,

Thanks for joining us here on Phoebe’s Journey and a warm welcome to all the new bloggers who have recently joined us.

It’s been rather a relaxing day here, waking up a little earlier and having a shower is my favourite way to start the day. Phoebe woke, welcoming me with a beautiful smile, its just the best and even though I would so very much like to be back into a normal routine of work and regular life, I appreciate this is a special time, time that I know I shouldn’t take for granted. Phoebe is growing so quickly it’s remarkable. I look into her eyes and my heart just bursts with pride, I believe we are the blessed ones that Phoebs chose us for her parents and we will do all we can to heal her through this relatively short time in her life ready for her future.

Both Ade and I greatly appreciate the support we have received from our workplaces, and because of this, we have been able to give Phoebe the best care and time we can. We hope and look forward to returning to normal, regular everyday life that we have come to value so much. So a very big thank you to all the team at the Tollgate and to my colleagues at Redstone, we cannot thank you enough.

Phoebe has been fairly well today although she has had very little to eat. The nutritional feeds have gone well and Phoebe has only been sick once today thank goodness. Phoebs shows us she is very certain in her choices even at this young age and we have to respect them even though we do try and encourage her to eat little snacks throughout the day. As advised, we will continue to give the nutritional feeds and have Phoebe join us when sitting down to dinner.

Both Phoebe and I have been in rather a daft playful mood today, we watched a little of the film Nemo during her gravity feeds this morning, she really enjoyed it and just being together around the house can be quite entertaining! We tend to sing quite a lot and Phoebe likes to tell me ‘no’ on a constant basis……any ideas how I can convert this to a yes anyone?!!!

During the morning, we had a lovely visit from Michelle, it was great to catch up with her news, she very kindly brought some Aero mint chocolate bubbles for Phoebs and a beautiful bunch of yellow roses for me, how kind!! Michelle did manage to get a few cuddles with Phoebe, until my mum arrived then we all have to get into the queue! Phoebe loves having cuddles with Mum and Gwen or as Phoebe says Ger wen!!


Ade has spent a little time out with his Dad today and it’s given him a well deserved break which is always healthy for each of us. Mum took the time to have a rest with Phoebe whilst she took a nap during on of her feeds. Gwen joined us later in the afternoon following a fabulous lunch out with her friend, she thoroughly enjoyed and recommends the two course lunch at Brunswick’s in Newcastle. Gwen also had some cuddle time with Phoebe, both Mums and our Nan Marge are great company and its always a pleasure to see them, we look forward to organising some breaks away together hopefully later in the year.

Phoebe’s tummy was quite unsettled earlier and after one of her feeds became quite sick. After, she grabbed Gwen’s hand, took her to the toilet, whilst filling her nappy mind and said she wanted to go poo poo (I know too much information), she is happy to go to the toilet so whilst I’m having this time with her, I’m going to do a little toilet training, there’s no point in holding her back I guess.

Well another great day with Phoebe concluded by playing hide and seek with her upstairs, she loved it and couldn’t wait for me to find her and kept coming to find me!!! Today, for the first time, I really heard Phoebe have a good belly laugh when I chased her and said boo, I bit her bum and she thought it was hilarious, so funny!!! About 5 minutes later she was fast asleep in bed…just brilliant!!

Hey, thanks again for all the wonderful messages of love and support, the comments on the blog are always entertaining to read, they are so greatly appreciated.

The very presence of an angel is a communication.
Even when an angel crosses our path in silence. God has said to us, “I am here, I am present in your life.”

Tobias Palmer

Well another day over and we hope your day has been enjoyable too; we look forward to another day of progress in Phoebe’s health and development.

For now dear friends
Much love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx

4 comments:

Michelle and Owen said...

Hi

It was lovely to see you yesterday and have a girly catch up. Phoebe's beautiful smile kept me going all day and I hope her tummy enjoyed the oatcake (everyone is thinking what am I on about?? but Lynn and Phoebe will know!!)

I was so proud and privileged to spend some precious time with you both yesterday and look forward to doing it again soon. Thinking of you always and praying that your angels are always by your side (of course led by Eleanor) to see you through and give you strength.

All my love
Michelle
xxxx

Lisa said...

Hi all, Glad you are all doing well and settling back in at home. I am now fully over the cold gary gave me and am coming to Stoke to see you on Sunday - can't wait to catch up in person!! Love to you all xx

Heidi said...

Lynn, although I haven't seen you with Phoebe for such a long time now (too long), the very special, close relationship you have with her comes across really strongly in your posts. I really am looking forward to seeing you all sometime soon. You're right that this is such special time to cherish: I hope you know what I mean when I say that a part of me envies you the very precious opportunity you guys have at the moment to spend such quality time with Phoebe. Gradually getting towards some kind of normality must feel wonderful, but equally wonderful will be all the incredible memories you will have of this period of concentrated, focussed time with Phoebe. And you and Ade are just the kind of people to appreciate and make the most of that.

Lots of love to Phoebe and to you all.

Heidi (and the rest of the Rhodeses)xxxx

Lissa said...

Hi,
Hope you guys had a good day today.
If I were you Lynn, I would jump on that potty training bandwagon. It seems girls show a better interest in that then boys, Shawn was close to 3, They do it at their own pace, but if they want to GO FOR IT.
As far as turning the word NO into YES...never gonna happen so I wouldn't even consider it again.
Just trying to save you a few steps along the way.
I look forward to hearing how Phoebe did today with her eating, She has such a wonderful disposition for a little girl, I get cranky when I think I might be coming down with something and she just keeps moving forward. You have quite a girl there..
Talk to you guys later, Love to all
Lissa