Hi Everyone,
Well this is a change from the norm!! I have decided to update you all as I sit and relax at Mum and Dad's while Ade sorts a few jobs at home. Hope this update finds you all well.
Nice to be back with you ready for another update on Phoebe's journey. Its been great to meet up with a few of you over the past few days so thanks for our time together, even if if was a brief hello!!
We have truly enjoyed our time at home and have taken the time to relax and chill just being here. Phoebe is doing well and it feels like we have had our little Phoebe back with us again as she is much more like her old self. Our time has been spent watching Peppa Pig, sorting a few things out for the hospital; clearing a few things out of the wardrobe, popping out to our favourite shops and just...taking a walk and enjoying the fresh air!!
God bless our folks who have kindly been over each day helping us out and keeping us supplied with shopping, clean washing and wonderful food...you guys have been brilliant thank you so very much. I have taken the opportunity to head out and catch up with friends and clients before we move our lives into the hospital for next next few weeks.
Ade and I were pondering when would be the right time to shave Phoebe's hair off as it was becoming uncomfortable for her, so with clippers at the ready I set to work at Mum and Dad's house yesterday afternoon. Following our delicious Sunday lunch, Phoebe took a nap and as she awoke we talked with her and finally removed all her hair, I looked at it as a therapeutic exercise in removing the old and making way for the new I guess. Phoebe asked why this was happening and initially she was a little upset about having to do this, wanting her hair back when she stroked her head but with a cuddle and reassurance Phoebe was fine and is now happy not to have to wash it!!
Phoebe has enjoyed eating all her favourites at home which include, Mum's pasta salad, the regular turkey and cranberry sandwiches, cheese, cheese and more cheese and crackers..hovis mind!! Phoebe is quite good with her numbers and today we have started to use a clock to try and manage her eating by teaching her about time and using the clock to show when she can next have something to eat!! She's sussed it bless her and watching the hand ticking as closely as she watches Peppa Pig!!!
Lisa, Gary's partner has popped over to see us today and we may head down to Trentham Gardens a little later this afternoon for a nice walk in the fresh air and an icecream..
Just wanted to say a few hello's to some bloggers who have just recently joined us...Hi to girls on our local jewellery and handbag stall in Longton market, thanks for all your support and well wishes and the chocolate treats for Phoebe when we pop by. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Also, to the girls on our local cheese stall there too who have been following the blog, thanks for all the support along with the little samples of your tasty selection of cheeses, Phoebe always enjoys having a taste!! Glad you have joined us and enjoying the updates each day!!
Each Saturday, I like to head out early morning, sometimes for our breakfast club with Estelle and visit the local shops and markets buying all our necessities and supporting our local traders at the same time! Its nice to catch up each week...the sense of community we don't really don't want to lose. Its the simple things that we will miss whilst being at Manchester and we already look forward to heading back to Stoke, the joys of normal everyday life.
To all our friends at the Tollgate who are following the blog and asking the folks about us, thanks for all your thoughts, best wishes and positive vibes...special thanks to Julie who has made some lovely chicken and sweetcorn soup ...delicious!!!
As some of you may know, I have recently departed from my work at Redstone Managed Solutions to start my new business in the world of freelance. Just wanted to say a special hello to all my clients who are following the blog each day along with everyone at Redstone who continue to show their support and well wishes, bless you!!
Later this evening, we will be getting things ready for Manchester, starting the next chapter in Phoebes Journey and will update from there tomorrow night once we have settled, will just be adding some photos on here a little later for you xxx
For now everyone, enjoy the rest of your day..
Catch you tomorrow.
Much Love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
4 comments:
lovely to have you back guys, hope all goes well in manchester and that you get settled ok, we look forward to welcoming you back to 'lovely longton' with open arms. Sending lots of love to you all especially darling pheobe xx
good luck for your trip up to manchester tomorrow x x
much love and hugs
becky, mark, molly and bump
Thinking of you on your trip tomorow, big hugs to Phoebe xx
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor
Best wishes for tomorrow, I like the morning blog Lynn, because it is here waiting for me when I get home..
It is amazing how Phoebe just goes with the flow no matter what..What a good girl she is...I hope your freelance work goes well..I am sure you will do great with it..
I hope tomorrow is a good day for all of you, I will be thinking of you..Love Lissa
Post a Comment