Glad you could join us here on this relaxing Sunday evening.
Still here in Manchester and enjoying great company with our new founds friends Cheryl and Emma. We've had a great lazy day here, can't remember the last day I wore my PJ's all day and didn't feel guilty about it!!
Eventually, late afternoon, Cheryl and I decided to head out to what we call the 'Boulevard'...(Hathersage Road - this is the main road where you can find Curry Mile, Lidl, Superdrug, Tesco..Cafe Nero, Subway - highlight of the day!!) suddenly realising I hadn't stepped out of the building since arriving on Thursday and immediately felt the need for some fresh air. Here, all the windows are sealed so its important to head out and get some fresh air each day...ark at me...I'm so good at giving advice!!!!
Phoebe has been in great humour today even though she had an early morning start at 5.30am for bloods tests, she awoke and popped her first order in for breakfast. Some fifteen courses later, she is tucked up fast asleep following her foot soak and massage which she begins and finishes with each day!!!
Along with her many beauty treatments here, she also visited our pretend salon for a hair wash whilst sitting under the shower bribed only by the fact that if she washed her hair she could have a bowl of pasta salad following her turkey and cranberry sandwiches and two bowls of cornflakes...and it was only 10.30am!!!! Gotta love them steroids!!
The doctors are really happy with the progress Phoebe is making and initially we may have been able to come home today but our consultant Denise preferred for us to stay to run more tests following the course of IV antibiotics which are given over 48 hours. Observations are good, no high temperatures although sometimes Phoebe has a raised blood pressure. Phoebe has not mentioned her ear again so looks like the antibiotics have cleared things up.
Having done much more walking today, you can tell that the blood transfusion has given her a surge of energy...but again I think it is due to the fact that I have been suggesting she walks the length of the ward to ask the nurses for more crackers, cheese, sandwiches, noodles, cottage cheese, oatcakes...and tonight she even tried Tikka Masala!!
Tomorrow is another day and for us, its just a day at a time..thus relieving us of any pressure to try and control our situation, avoiding any unnecessary upset and disappointment!! It won't be long now before we are in for the next transplant, with another round of chemo next week then planning to move onto the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit by the following Wednesday.
So, we hope you all enjoyed your Sunday too and we look forward to keeping you all updated this week. Thanks again for your comments and messages...you leave us feeling truly humbled!!
Rest easy dear friends.
Much Love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
5 comments:
Oh Lynn, How sweet she looks soaking her feet.With her new pictures you have posted I can see her hair has gotten so long and so blond..She is adorable..I am so glad things are as well as they can be and I am glad you got out for a bit..I do have some questions for you, but I will save them for another time..I know you are so busy with Phoebe that I don't want to take up your time with all my questions, I just want you to know that I think of you everyday and really look forward in the evening reading your blog..and getting Phoebe's update..
I had a lazy weekend too, but I am off this week and am going to seriously tackle some projects around here..Believe it or not I still have lots of my Mom's things that I have to do something with..I have coats of hers that I am going to take to a church thrift shop as I can't use them and as much as it breaks my heart to get rid of her things, someone will be able to get some use out of them..My garage is still full of boxes of things that I have to do something with before you see my on that television show Hoarders..Well have a good night..Thoughts and prayers always
Love Lissa
Lynn,
Yep, on top of everything else, you have to remember to take care of YOU!!!! Glad you got out for some fresh air. Phoebe couldn't look any cuter soaking her tootsies like that. I really look forward to hearing the good news of the day and how Phoebe is plugging away. She's really something. Oh, and tikka masala....yum. Are you sure this isn't a foodie blog? ;) Take care of each other.
xo
deborah
hey lynn, are u impressed that I am finally able to post a comment, yes the computer phobic me! (except facebook!). I've finally got on the case and sorted myself out! lol. well i must say Phoebe looks like she's enjoying her beauty treatments!!! Thinking of you all. lots of love Vickyxxxx
Hey Lissa,
Good to hear from you and please feel free to ask any questions. Is there any possibility I could possible have a keepsake from your mum, maybe if you have a little brooch or something that wore which she liked. That would mean a lot. Hope you manage to get everything sorted, I'm sure I know what your mum will be saying to do with all the things to sort, she'll be happy that someone else can use them!! Hope all is well your end and looking forward to coming over to the states when everything is sorted xxxx
Hi you three,
Thinking of you all as always has led me to your blog again. I had tried to contact you several times and had no joy so looked here and found you at last. These blogs are so hard to leave a massage on as I know from ours, sooooo glad to have found you and that Pheobe's transplant looks just aruond the corner .
lots and lots of love and special hugs,
Sally and all the family xxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment