We hope you all have had a great day.
Continuing with positive progress here, Phoebe has coped really well with her chemotherapy along with her huge dose of medicines, which she is managing to take so well, she amazes us!! We have a wonderful array of medicines, along with the steroids and immunosuppressant therapy which you may have heard us mention a few times, we have anti-biotics, anti-viral; anti-sickness; anti-fungal; bladder protector and gastro-acids which all help to protect Phoebe's little body whilst she is immuno compromised.
Phoebe continues to eat and drink well, we are expecting the volume of Phoebe's diet to reduce as we start to decrease her steroids over this week. Throughout her chemotherapy, the observations have been good with no temperatures and her blood pressure is slightly reducing from the higher side of normal.
This morning, we had a lovely visit from one of the hospital chaplains, Fr. Morrough O'Brien and we had a great chat about our visit to Lourdes earlier on this year when Phoebe's playgroup kindly raised funds to send us. Fr. O'Brien also visited at the same time during the HCPT week (Handicapped Children's Pilgrimage Trust) and what a week it was, the atmosphere was something rather extraordinary, an experience we will never forget. There is an abundance of wheelchairs everywhere with children of all ages and differing disabilities and for one week in the year their disability is somewhat forgotten as there are bigger things to focus on...its a truly amazing experience. Thanks to my dear friends, Liz Scott and Theresa who helped to organise the fundraising and trip, we look forward to returning next year and taking a few new pilgrims with us. Theresa and I are putting a website together for 'The People to Lourdes Trust' so I will keep you posted on the progress.
Thank you so much for the great response regarding our favour of plates and cutlery from Ikea...we have received some already, so thank you very much to our friend Mike Sharp who contacted us immediately, bless you and to all our other friends who have offered. If you would like to contact us and we can arrange things with you. We also have rec
However, we are allowed to pop one on he
We are still working on the birthday thank you cards and will get these out as soon as Phoebe finishes them, its a little slow as we do a couple each day, so please take this as a huge thank you to everyone who sent cards, gifts, prayers and well wishes. We very much appreciate your kindness.
Cheryl and I managed to head out for a coffee today and it was a welcomed break from the ward, so thanks hun I really enjoyed it and look forward to having some time with you again w
As its getting late, I will hold it there for tonight but promise to talk tomorrow about our Three Peak Challenge and all the generous donations we have kindly received along with the plans for next year.
Thanks for all your lovely messages on the blog, please be check previous ones as I try to respond to them when i can, also for all your texts and emails received...we really appreciate your support. xxxxx
Rest easy folks...
Much love
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx
2 comments:
Hello Lynne, just to let you know that I am thinking of you all, I do hope Phoebe is progressing well. I will get Lily to do some paintings for Phoebe to let her know that she is on our thoughts every day. I do not have any other way of contacting so wanted to let you know that I am always here if you need anything. My email address is victoria.bowers@hotmail.co.uk
Lots of love from Vicky, Julian, Lily & Freddy and all of the Booth family xxxxxxx
Hi Vicky,
Aaah, how are you, hope you are well and thanks for joining us here, thanks too for your kind thoughts..look forward to the paintings xxx
Post a Comment