Hope this post finds you all well and many thanks again for your very entertaining posts on the blog. They always give us a smile and I'll come to them later.
We are all OK here, thanks. Phoebe is doing well and all of her medicines are now through the IV lines. This means that she is now confined to her IV pumps (Type 1, Type 2), and therefore her cot, far more often. Despite all the massive changes that have happened to her daily routine at home she is coping remarkably well. We notice
Each time the nurses pop in to take Phoebe’s obs. she is always so accepting with a welcoming smile, especially when Rachel starts to do her apron dance!! Phoebe doesn’t really like having her blood pressure done as it is quite uncomfortable on her leg but she enjoys the ripping sound of the Velcro when she takes it off!! Phoebs is maintaining a steady, normal temperature today although her BP has been a little elevated. This is to be expected considering all of the medicines she is receiving, especially the Ciclosporin.
It was lovely to see Mum and Dad today; Phoebe was asleep when they arrived but woke not long after. My Mum could tell Phoebs was a little unsettled in herself and after a little play she nursed her next to the cot. She soon drifted back off as she was then very comfortable.
Unbelievably it has been almost a week since I have left the unit and I started to get a real muzzy head. Ade has been asking to take me out for some lunch for a break for a few days now, but it is hard to leave Phoebe when she is feeling unwell. It is important to have a break and breathe the fresh air as you don’t realise how much you have missed it until you go out. Ade and I went to a restaurant called Isis which is only mile from the hospital; we had a lovely bowl of pasta and some garlic bread….Garlic bread? It’s the future, I’ve tasted it!!! :o) . The days roll on and, before you know it, time has flown by and we're getting Phoebe settled in her bedtime routine again.
Guys, I so wished to write more tonight, but it's late and Phoebe is becoming very unsettled. I feel that she may have some sickness on the way...and…well I know you’ll understand….
Thanks so much again for the lovely questions and comments; we’ll catch up on them tomorrow if that’s OK. For now, we wish you all a restful sleep and a relaxing Sunday morning.
'In that City all the citizens shall be immortal, men for the
first time enjoying what the holy angels have never lost.'
Saint Augustine
With love xxx
9 comments:
Just about to go to bed but couldn't resist the update - you're addictive! (in a nice way of course). This is such a wonderful blog & I am sure would help other families immensely if you publish. When Austin was rushed down to the neo-natal unit shortly after birth I fell to pieces, I just didn't know what to expect - the machines, bleeps, lights & IVs. I stayed in for a week with him & can vividly recall the days all rolling into one. Yours is a much longer journey I know, but you are such wonderful people - you'll get there. Stay strong & positive, we all are behind you 100%,
Sarah XXXX
You are all amazing! Lem, I am so inspired by your daily journals. I feel close to you even though we are thousands of miles away. Your personality shines though and I should not be surprised that you are able to bring a smile to others. Hang in there sunshine. We are thinking of you always.
Love Susan, Shawn & kids
hope the sickness was kept at bay.....
Hi Lynn, Mr Tollgate & Phoebe, so lovely to read your blog and hear that it is going good for you all, Phoebe is one lucky little lady to have such wonderful parents & family around her. The message from Sarah Scott is right you are addictive in a lovely way and both me & Mr Harford! are always excited to read how well she is doing, you must be very proud of her. After the 18 days are over does that mean she will be soon able to come home??? I really hope so!!!! Mind you its taken me about 3 days work out how to reply to you all so dont go just yet, I am gettin into this bloggin!!!! On a serious note i cant wait to see you all back at The Tollgate I do pester Geoff for an update every lunchtime! Keep smiling and take care all of you,see you soon Lots of love Mr & Mrs Harford!!!!! xxxxxx
Hope last night wasn't too bad?? How often do they do her obs? Is it still every 2 hours? Gosh you poor thing not going outside for a week Lynn...that fresh air must have been a crazy wild rush! I guess you have to be careful in case you pick up a cold etc - you wouldn't be able to be with Phoebe at all would you?? What do you do in there when Phoebe is asleep? Read? Watching tv? Knit? Or do you sleep too?
Spoke to Helen last night and we think I might have to change my name from Parsnip to Blog Hog on account of my incessant questioning and increasingly lengthy posts (I'm becoming more comfortable and the real me is starting to emerge....always got a lot to say....!) Was lovely chatting with her although we didn't talk too long (just the one hour as opposed to the usual 2+++) as I had to get ready for the annual neighborhood Christmas party. I was nervous about it because of memories of previous years where we, the token Brits, become the entertainment and are forced to drink concoctions of Tabasco, rum, vodka, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns....this year was only a little better because I was prepared. I had the foresight to situate myself by the Christmas tree so I could chuck the drinks in the pot. Head a little sore this morning but you do what you have to do for your country.
Take care over there, we think of you a lot, you all pop into my head all day long...:)
Hi Lynn Ade and our precious little Phoebe sending you all our love.
You are all doing remarkably well,coping with every new challenge.
And your blog is brill.
See you tomorrow.
Mum and Dad.
Hello auntie Lynn,I'ts Molly here,
just wanted to say I've brought you
and Phoebs a little something today
while out shopping at woolworths!
I'ts good to hear that you're all well. Hope to see you soon
love from Mollyxxx
P.S give Phoebs my love!
The Christmas tree is finally up and the star at the top is named Phoebe.
Hang in there guys, you are all doing so well. Take strength from everyone blogging, we are with you all day long.
love Deb and familyxxxx
So glad to hear that things are going well - I hope that you didn't have too unsettled a night. It sounds like Phoebe (and all of you) are being amazing. I think you are all so incredible - Isobel has been a little poorly this weekend with a high temp and I am a wreck after only 2 days...
Hope all continues to go well - I am in the countdown to maternity leave - 4 days at work to go and then 9 months at home. I look forward to continue to read your blogs and hear your news - it is so inspirational to read them everyday. I can't believe you write so much to us all - it is fantastic! I think you have a real talent for writing!
Lots and lots of love to you all, keep smiling!
Sheena xx
Post a Comment