We hope you have all had a lovely day and now settling down to a restful evening after all the euphoria!
Ade stayed over here last night so it would be nice to for us all to wake together. We slept ‘ok’, being tucked up on a single camp bed…aaah brought back memories. Ade heard every bleep of the machines and Phoebe woke a few times in the night as her stomach is very tender. Nice thought but Ade is heading back to his pad tonight for some quality kippage!!
Phoebe was so lovely this morning; I think she was aware there was something different happening. We excitedly told her that Santa had been and she pointed to the bag and said "Toys!". Aaah it was super, throughout the morning we were teaching her to say "Ho Ho Ho" to the nurses!
Throughout the day we relaxed. We had a leisurely breakfast and Ade, wanting us to enjoy all of the luxuries Christmas Day brings, organised a fabulous Christmas lunch for us. Not leaving any detail to chance he remembered everything…sumptuous!!! Phoebe’s appetite hasn’t really returned yet but this is normal, although she is trying to eat things. As I said earlier, her stomach is still very tender and this is normal. Phoebe is still having her nutritional support.
We began to open some of the mountains of presents we have received, absolutely fabulous gifts, we were so humbled by it all. We'd barely sorted through a quarter of them and Phoebe was getting really tired.
Rob Wynn popped in on us this morning to wish us all the best for the festive season and inform us that he was extremely pleased with Phoebe's bloods today. He also said that, at the rate Phoebe is going, it's a possibility that she may not need any more blood transfusions and it was now a mainly a case of gradually getting her to take food and meds. orally again. He popped in to see us again at around 8pm to check if all was still OK. This, of course, was on Christmas Day and as we've said before the level of care here is just phenominal.
Later, Gary came to visit and he was really pleased that Phoebs was out of semi-isolation. He was chuffed to be able to hand her his and Lisa’s presents and have a hug. We have enjoyed our time today, it’s not been as stressful as I’d imagined.
Even though Christmas is meant to be relaxing, kicking back after all the euphoria, Ade and I can’t believe how tired we feel; it’s been rather exhausting not doing very much!!! We managed to take a nap early evening and, glad to say, Phoebe was asleep much earlier tonight. She’s a little restless with her tummy but should sleep well with some more IV Paracetamol.
Thank you so much for all your good wishes, gifts and cards; it’s just been so much better than we envisaged.
It’s been lovely to hear everyone’s plans and we hope you all enjoyed your Christmas lunch and the company. There are so many people out there without our luxuries, it reminds us of our blessings.
For now Dear Friends…
‘Joyful all ye nations rise, join the triumph of the skies; with the angelic host proclaim Christ is born in Bethlehem.’Wishing you all a restful sleep.
Charles Wesley
With love,
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxx
8 comments:
Hi Guys,
What a lovely Christmas for you. I am so happy to hear all the good news. We had a nice day here as well, not quite the same without my Mom, but we get through it.
I'm glad Phoebe had a good day today, and I'll be quick tonight as I still have cleaning up to do and work tomorrow. I look forward to hearing more and more good news.
Love to All
Lissa
Another great day guys!!! Although I think I would have been in a right strop after sharing a night on such a small bed with Andy!!! Holy moly!!! If Andy sticks one toe over the invisible dividing line on our bed, I start whining! Great to hear Rob's views on the blood work and Phoebe's progress, that's so great, I'm so happy! It's an extra gift for all of us Bloggers:)
So glad you got to have an enjoyable Christmas Day, well done Ade for the meal prep. Andy does all the food prep round here too! I can't imagine how drained you are, going through something like that with your little one saps everything out of you. Keep looking after yourselves too:)
Was a quiet day here! Lots of Lego pieces to put together (Andy's other job today! Is anyone feeling sorry for Andy yet?!! The bed, the food the Lego, his wife....!)
Hope all the other Bloggers had a happy day too!
Take care all of you, keep fighting, keep smiling.
Tons of love
DenXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hey Lissa - what did you ever do with the cat lady's stinky book?!!!
It's me again - blog hogging!
Lissa - meant to say that you are so right about living in the hurricane belt. Lovely as that coastline is, I'd feel terribly uncomfortable living right on it. It's hard to even get insurance round now there too. We had so many tropical storms come through even in Charlotte and we were hours from the coast. Had a huge (healthy) tree fall on our house one day! Tropical Storm Frances!
Hi Parsnip,
Merry Christmas,
Thanks for asking about the stinky cat book, it is in the bag on my patio table OUTSIDE. I didn't get to read the whole book or the other one she loaned me. They are going right back to her tomorrow along with a very big Thank You I enjoyed reading them. If she gives me a quiz on them I am in trouble.
I remember all to well the days of Legos, I actually remember them always being all over the place.
It seems to me your Andy has quite a few jobs around the house--Good Girl you've trained well.
As always nice chatting with you. I have work tomorrow.
Lissa
happy boxing day....great news the pheobes bloods are doing so well the positive energy and prayers are still winging their way up
come on the potters!!!!
much love becky mark and spotty molly
Good morning my brave warriors!Fabulous news about Phebes bloods I hope that her tummy feels alittle better each day. We are so proud of her! We all raised our glass of jiuce to you all Christmas morning and wished ou all well...you are never far from all of our thoughts and angel blessings! We all had a fine time and I am just catching up whilst dadd and girls are out on their new super speedy heelies!!Thank you so much for your lovley gifts the girls can't wait to go shopping with their vouchers...you are very kind! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL LATER!!! Love and best wishes to you and all the fellow bloggers....don't forget Boxing Day is all about relaxing......!!!
Hello all,
Hope everyone has had a lovely Boxing Day and taken Helen's advice and done some relaxing!
So pleased to read about the great progress in the last few days- it sounds like things are really moving in the right direction - sending all our love that things keep going so well - well done to Phoebe, both of you and everyone in the hospital for the great stuff they are doing - it sounds like you are having wonderful care (and both of you being amazing parents!)
Looking forward to hearing more good news and keeping in touch,
Lots of love and hugs,
Sheena xxx
Post a Comment