Evening All!!
Welcome and thanks for joining us for another update!!
Wow, only two more sleeps till Santa!!
After a fairly restless night (I must have heard every bleep of the machines!), Phoebe awoke this morning quite upset which is most unlike her. Of course we can expect all kinds of changes to happen with what she has been through.
It seems Phoebe has had a sore tummy today; this may be due to the mucositis. As she has had her blood transfusion she improved during the day but later this afternoon started to be a little uncomfortable. At breakfast Phoebs wanted to feed herself; she loves 'Cheerios' and had a little toast too. At lunch we ordered some creamy mashed potato, broccoli and peas with yummy cheese sauce. Again she tried a some of this by herself and it's such a good sign that she is still interested in food, but due to the mucositis she can be a little sick after. We are still encouraging her to eat at regular meal times and just need to work a little more on her drinking.
Phoebe's energy level increased today and she just wanted to play and watch Iggle Piggle. We laughed so much today as she's so entertaining and has me in fits of giggles when we weigh her in the mornings. She happily sits on the weighing tray and pretends she is in Iggle Piggle's boat; it makes her laugh when it wobbles!! Phoebe is weighed each day and this has been consistent with her level of fluid intake.
Our nurse Jo came to join us today as she has been off for a few well deserved days. It was nice to see her back and some of the nurses are trying to get their holidays in before Christmas so we have had a few different faces popping in. Phoebe is bringing a smile to all the people on the ward from parents, nurses and other staff. Our Ward Clerk, Ann is lovely. Phoebe remembered her name even though she has been in isolation for nearly two weeks so when she saw Ann this morning and shouted to her you could tell it really made Ann's day.
Welcome and thanks for joining us for another update!!
Wow, only two more sleeps till Santa!!
After a fairly restless night (I must have heard every bleep of the machines!), Phoebe awoke this morning quite upset which is most unlike her. Of course we can expect all kinds of changes to happen with what she has been through.
It seems Phoebe has had a sore tummy today; this may be due to the mucositis. As she has had her blood transfusion she improved during the day but later this afternoon started to be a little uncomfortable. At breakfast Phoebs wanted to feed herself; she loves 'Cheerios' and had a little toast too. At lunch we ordered some creamy mashed potato, broccoli and peas with yummy cheese sauce. Again she tried a some of this by herself and it's such a good sign that she is still interested in food, but due to the mucositis she can be a little sick after. We are still encouraging her to eat at regular meal times and just need to work a little more on her drinking.
Phoebe's energy level increased today and she just wanted to play and watch Iggle Piggle. We laughed so much today as she's so entertaining and has me in fits of giggles when we weigh her in the mornings. She happily sits on the weighing tray and pretends she is in Iggle Piggle's boat; it makes her laugh when it wobbles!! Phoebe is weighed each day and this has been consistent with her level of fluid intake.
Our nurse Jo came to join us today as she has been off for a few well deserved days. It was nice to see her back and some of the nurses are trying to get their holidays in before Christmas so we have had a few different faces popping in. Phoebe is bringing a smile to all the people on the ward from parents, nurses and other staff. Our Ward Clerk, Ann is lovely. Phoebe remembered her name even though she has been in isolation for nearly two weeks so when she saw Ann this morning and shouted to her you could tell it really made Ann's day.
The nurses really enjoy looking after Phoebe as she is so responsive to them all and we enjoy the banter, especially with Sarah when she starts her ‘nagging’ (all positive of course, think she’s been collaborating with Gary!!). Sarah always pops up to see us each morning and before she leaves for the day, she enjoys her work but I bet she would just like to stay and play with Phoebe all day!!! Rob is on call this week and popped by to reassure all is going very well but we have a long way to go. One of the most important things for recovery of something like this is not to rush it and we are just taking each day at a time. We will return home when the time is right for Phoebs.
As it was Monday, Rebecca the music specialist visited the ward (see video clip above) and it was great to see her for the last session before her maternity leave. Phoebe enjoyed her session today but seemed a little tired; there were lots of instruments to choose from but the Cabassa is still her favourite!! Ade was glad to be with us today and joined in the song with his fine voice [Not! - Ade], he specially requested ‘Alice the Camel’ for his Mum Gwen as she couldn’t be with us today. By the way, he does a very good ‘Mac the Knife’ as is available for hire – good rates mind!!! Welcome to the blog Rebecca and on behalf of Phoebe and all the family of Bloggers, we wish you and your Family all the very best for festive season and for your new arrival.Can you actually believe it….NO TROOPS TODAY, aaarrrgggghhh!! We missed you all so much!! Mum and Dad had to catch up on some things and sort pressies to bring to the hospital, oh and feed the fish!! Gwen, bless her, has a case of Laryngitis. I spoke to her a few times today; she is ok but does sound like she’s inhaled a full tank of helium!!! Thank goodness she has a great sense of humour because she sounded like a little squeaky mouse on the phone and we were giggling as we tried to have a serious conversation. I’m sorry Gwen, I’m not laughing at you, but with you of course!! Even as I write this I’m remembering it and have to stop myself…hope you are feeling better. We’ve missed you all today and look forward to tomorrow!!
Didn’t manage to get out for my walk today as it was that fine rain that soaks you… ‘ c’mon now…everybody in..it’s spitting!!!’ By 3.30pm I had a touch of cabin fever and just had to get outside. I realised that I hadn’t stepped foot outside the room since 1am!! It was great to sit on the bench outside and catch up on a few calls. It was lovely talking with you today, Margaret and Sandra, and thanks for your lovely words of support.
Phoebe took a while to settle tonight (see video clip above!) but she is now fast asleep. I have completed my task for today and pleased to say, I have written our first letter to the Donor and will give this to Sarah to forward onto the Anthony Nolan Trust for her. We are not sure if our Donor has any information at all about Phoebe but can you imagine what it’s going to be like when we meet! It’s a long way off yet but the thought if evokes all the emotions imaginable.
Hi Parsnip, in answer to your question regarding the blood transfusions, Phoebe has had a couple now which have all come from the same donor. This is very much a supportive procedure when her blood counts are showing at a certain level.
Hi Rachel, thanks for your question and sharing your story today. I’m sure Spirit Sam will be pleased to receive his Christmas greetings and he’ll be around watching over his sisters!
Throughout this journey, we have been very lucky and having this room has been one of the blessings. We are able to stay in this cubicle for the entire duration of our stay and this makes everything so much easier as Phoebe is really settled. We have an en-suite and the facilities on the ward make it feel as homely as possible.
Thanks for the call Susan xxx
Well guys, another day is done. Thanks to everyone for your calls, txt's and messages. We do so much appreciate all the support. We wish you all a restful sleep (if you Bloggeroonies can with all the excitement!!).
For now….
I would like to dedicate this angel quote to my Uncle Jimmy. I ask my angels to look after you and keep you safe xx
‘And the Angel said unto them, Fear not; for, behold, O bring youWith love xx
good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.’
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxx
13 comments:
Hi guys!
It's amazing to me that little Phoebe has so much resiliance......to still want to try and eat when she throws up so often after it, is amazing. Poor little babe. I'm guessing the morphine helps with with mucositis ?? Can't believe she remembered Ann's name!
Sounds like you did good today without the troops! Even going out without being nagged! This might be progress Lynn! Well done on writing the letter - that must have been hard, I mean where do you even start?
And Ade - don't be bashful! We all heard your lovely voice on the twinkle twinkle video!! Question for Ade (that will prolly blow Helen and Manju's minds with its level of technicality!)....when I use the HTML tag < i (not typing it right on purpose as the site will freak out!) I can't post cuz the site always tells me it's not closed even tho I close it using < i at the end of the italiced words....do I need to leave a space?? But I think I tried that! I see you use italics so you must know!! Thx Mr Technical!
Hey Lissa! Where in SC did your friend move to? We lived right on the border (in fact Andy worked just into SC) and I have a really good friend who lives in Columbia....we went to see her this summer which was cool. Or not cool really cuz it is hotter than hell down there! I forgot how stifling it is for 6 mths of the year!
Sign off time for me...Andy's back outside blowing the snow off the driveway (we have a machine, he doesn't do it manually!), I'll need to get a cup of tea ready and Top Gear cued up on the tv for him!!
Hope tomorrow is good....Was thinking of Rob's words about the importance of taking it one day at a time....it is easier for us bloggers because we get these once daily updates....I really do go one day at a time with all this, I never think I know how your day has been at all and I'm always so happy when it has been good:)
Take care all of you, sleep well tonight Lynn, no being woken up by machines please!!
Tons of love
DenXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
LOVING THE VIDEOS!!!!! Just saw them! Not sure what was going on in the second one but as Andy just said "it was a reallycute baby noise and it was prolly very important in baby language!!"
Hi Parsnip!
Ade posting on Lynn's ID here.
To quickly answer your question:
put a / (forward slash) before the i to close it i.e. < i> HI< /i>
(I've put a space after each chevron on purpose too 'cos then it will be in italics like this.
Hope that's OK.
Really great to have you on the blog and very much look forward to meeting you again, hopefully in the near future!
oiHi Guys,
Sorry I'm late tonight, was writing out Christmas cards, Yes 3 days before, I'm sure my Mom is watching over me and having a fit.
I love the videos. I just keep replaying them. I have a question for you, when Phoebe gets a blood transfusion about how long does that take? I'm glad she still wants to eat--very good sign. Ade you do a great twinkle twinkle little star, looking forward to your next song.
Parsnip, I am impressed with your techinical question, I have no idea what you were talking about. My friend moved to Murrels Inlet, I am supposed to go down there sometime next year, she comes back here alot because her one son still lives in NJ. I'm warming up a bit, 30's tomorrow and 50 on Wednesday (can't wait).
Well time to go 5:30 am is just around the corner.
Lynn, Ade and Phoebe have a good night and a great day tomorrow.
Thoughts and prayers always, and Phoebe keep hammering away at those cheerios.
Love Lissa
Oh thanks Ade!!!! You are a star!! Look at you bolding and italicising at the same time! You show off! I'm coming back in April BTW!! We'll be back for about 9 days! Mark yer calenders Bloggers! I'd love to see you guys then!
I'll try the italics now...
Hi Lynn and Ade!
Lissa - I've heard of that place, I bet it's beautiful on the coast, SC does have lovely coastline. 5.30 is very early! Where do you work?!
Choirs of angels are singing in my head right now!! I did it!! Thx so much Ade!!!!!
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe unable to sleep so much going on in my head at the moment, so decided to catch up with you early today, loved seeing the videos Phoebe is a little star and doing fantastically with everything that comes her way. We look at your blog everyday and are amazed by the progress and are glad you all have so many people to help you along the way. Going to have some tea now and see if I can get some more sleep before work. We have just moved offices and everything is in boxes ( I felt like getting in one today to hide away!) Take care and love to you all Joanne x x x
morning all
2 sleeps to go im so excited.
molly is sending hugs a kisses from a far distance today as she has started with chicken pox :(
hope the rain holds off for you today lynn so you can get out
becky mark and molly x x x
Hi Guys. We just wanted to send big hugs and lots of love to you all. Love all the photos on the blog. Great way of hearing all your news. Hope we can come to visit in the new year when we are all feeling better!!
Happy Christmas. Love Jane, Vikki, Pam and the team at Treetops. xxxxxxxxx
hi lynn,ade and of course phoebe,
just to let you know we are thinking of you and catching up with how things are going for you
all our prayers and wishes are with you
lots of love tracey,chris and boys xxxx
williams mum
p.s thank you so very much for his picture
Lovely to see Phoebe on the video playing with the instruments. I'm sure it seems to you that it has been forever since you have been at the hospital, but it won't be long before you will be packing up your stuff and heading home with the bravest little girl we know. Love to all of your family at Christmas, I'm sure you have enjoyed seeing them again today. Cameron loves seeing Phoebs on the computer. Went to your mum's house today - what a reminder of planning that D of E route!!!! Hopefully Phoebe will have a better sense of direction and higher factor sun cream when she does it!!
Love to you all
Deb and family xxxx
Hello everyone,
It is wonderful to read your blog every day and how well you are coping with all the expected and unexpected ups and downs.
As the doctors say there is a long road ahead but don't forget each day crossed off is another nearer to getting those counts up and then home.
The music specialists and clowns are great distractions for Phoebe-we found this with Henry and had fits of giggles when the clows arrived.
Thinking of you at Christmas time especially and look forward to meeting you all one day.
Best wishes,
Fay (and Henry)
Hi Parsnip,
Sorry I didn't answer you earlier, I couldn't et the blog up at work today. I work at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (health insurance company. I start at 7 and get done at 330.
My friend that moved to SC loves it. Of course I'll wait to see what she thinks the first time a bad hurricane comes through. Nothing like that happened this year, but it's bound to right there on the coastline.
Post a Comment