Friday, 26 December 2008

Transplant Day +15 - Boxing Day..Anyone for Turkey Curry?

Welcome Dear Friends

Thanks for joining us here on Boxing Day and what a beautiful day it has been.

Phoebe was a little unsettled last night as her stomach is still a little tender. During the night I eventually asked for some oral morphine as she was saying "it's sore Mummy", bless her. I just wanted to take the edge off it for her. We have had a great visit from Eddie Estlin, a fabulous Consultant and thoroughly nice chap who previously saw Eleanor a few times. He was so pleased with Phoebe’s progress and assured us on lots of issues regarding our return journey home…not too long now!!! Another of Eleanor’s Consultants, Dr. Newton, made a special journey to pop in and see us; he too is so pleased with Phoebe’s progress. We will never forget his words…"You need Strength,Courage and Patience" and we carry this with us in all aspects of our lives, especially this journey.

Ade came across early today and we had a lovely leisurely breakfast, shocking I know but I was still in PJ’s by 11am!! The whole day has just been fantastic and this commenced with Phoebe’s blood count which has again increased, such wonderful news. Phoebe had a good breakfast today but hasn’t really wanted anything else apart from some delicious, mouth-watering melon!! And she managed to keep this in her tummy too!!

Talking of tummies, Phoebe has just recently started playing a game with me where she lifts my top a little and laughs at my tummy…nice!! She thinks that this is hilarious… slightly embarrassing especially when people are walking past the window, but if it makes her feel better then, sure no problem, aaarrgghh!!! :o)

The lovely energy continued through the day and before we knew it Mum and Dad arrived. Aah, Phoebs face when she saw them, it was a picture. They have been having a great time in Blackpool with great food and good company with all their friends, the chef even prepared sandwiches for them knowing they were coming to the hospital and would be out for lunch…how thoughtful!! As always, it’s been lovely having them over and I know Phoebe enjoyed her time with them. Whenever I ask her if she knows who is coming to visit, she always says "Ga Ga" for Granddad, it makes my Dad’s heart melt.

Margaret (one of Phoebe’s Godmothers) and Frank came to visit today; Margaret bless her told us she was making a Chilli Con Carnie and even brought us some rice to cook with it. Not only did they bring our dinner but brought lunch with them too, we are soooo lucky to have you all..my blessings are endless. Thanks to both of you so much as it was delicious and I have to say, it did have a cheeky kick to it. Ade says anything spicier than a casserole is too much for me [True! - Ade], cheeky so and so. It was very tasty so watch out for the orders coming in now guys!!! Good to see you both and thanks for your love and support.

Boxing Day is all about relaxing and we have just chilled and watched some great films. Phoebe really enjoyed 'Madagascar' as, being a Leo herself, she does have a real excitement for Lions and loved every second of it. I was quite surprised she sat through it really. She constantly astonishes us throughout each and every day, especially with her understanding and language skills.

The day just unfolded into one lovely visit after the other and tonight we were so lucky to have Helen (another of Phoebe’s Godmothers) to come over and visit. I was really overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of her wanting to come and see us today, especially during the festivities. Well if you could have seen Phoebe’s face when Helen arrived it was magical; she was really excited to see her and so were we. Helen was so thrilled to be able to sit and have a cuddle with Phoebe after so long. We sat and chatted whilst we tucked into our Chilli and Phoebe entertained Helen!!

As most of you know, our dear friends and family are the riches in our lives and without them I wouldn’t be who I am. You guys have been with us throughout our journey with Eleanor and now this new journey with Phoebe. It's priceless having this kind of love around you. I know I keep repeating myself talking about blessings but I do truly love and appreciate my life for those reasons and of course having Ade and my girls, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor, to share it with.

There have been quite a few times today where I have looked at Phoebe and she has so reminded me of Eleanor! Of course Eleanor is constantly in our thoughts, in everything we do and I will take this as a little message that Eleanor lives on, through the Spirit of Phoebe, and know she is watching over her and guiding her through this courageous time in her life.

Special thanks tonight for Janet and all the family for sending a special Treetops Angel for Phoebe; I know this time of year is especially tough for you all and we thank you for thinking about us, you are too kind. We hold Gareth in our thoughts, Janet and Family, and we ask our Angels to keep him safe on his journey in Heaven.

Julie Stevenson is a friend from the ‘Mothers Journey’ meeting we have at Treetops, Donna Louise Hospice. Every year the hospice holds a memory day where every child who has been cared for through the hospice is remembered. This year Pam our Counsellor very kindly invited us to participate and choose a theme. Julie and I were asked to do readings; never thought in a million years I would be strong enough to stand up and read a poem. In my reading it mentioned about a butterfly….and guess what…whilst I stood wobbling with nerves a beautiful butterfly entered the marquee. You could literally feel the stunned silence when we noticed it flying around,it was magical. Julie told the story of her son Ben and his brave journey; she was incredible I have to say! During the preparations she decided to write a lovely song called 'Angel Love', a tribute to her gorgeous son Ben. In conjunction with Wade Pottery and also recording the song, she has helped to raise lots of money for the hospice. Thanks to all the guys at Treetops for your amazing continued support and a BIG "Well Done!" Julie for your wonderful efforts; we are so glad to have one of these special angels care of Janet and Family. You see, we are all linked somewhere!!!

A special thanks to my Mum’s friend Jackie from the prayer group who so kindly sent some lovely Aqueous Cream for my hands, it is really helping them. Bless you xxx

Well folks, the time has come for us to bid you all good night and thanks again for all the love, messages and support we receive. It really helps to keep our spirits up and we look forward to meeting up with you all when we come home…which I’m pleased to say may be within a couple of weeks. We have a little hill to climb now with getting Phoebe sorted on her ‘clean diet' and regular eating again but we will take a step at time.

For now…for all my dearest friends and family…this angel quote couldn't be more apt…

‘Angels walk with us down every path. It seems these angels would fly ahead and call back a warning. But most often they know it’s not the preparation, it’s the companionship that will make what is ahead more bearable.’
Wishing you all a restful sleep.
With Love,
Lynn, Ade, Phoebe and Spirit Eleanor xxxx

8 comments:

Parsnip said...

Evening all!

Wow Lynn that butterfly story was amazing. You are SO brave standing up and doing that! Well done to your friend Julie too:) What a great idea.

I am loving hearing Phoebe's fabulous progress, it's wonderful! And her speech too! She could be forgiven for halting all developmental progress temporarily but no, she is making leaps and bounds!

And what a treat for me to see my mate Helen!!! I can "hear" her laugh in the photo!!! I'm so glad she came to see you all! There are so many people pulling for you all, I know you feel it. On that note, LOVE the quote for today, how apt and how true:)

Hears hoping little Phoebe has a better night tonight. And both of you! GOOD NIGHT!!! Any night not sharing a little teeny tiny bed would be good for me!

Tons of love

DenXXXXXXXXX

Rach Boulton said...

Hello all!

So wonderful to hear you have had a lovely time over the last few days with all the visitors and yummy food!! And even better that those counts keep going up...up ...up!

Just wanted to send our love to you all and wish you a most special New Year just in case there's no internet connection for me in Wales.

We leave in little while but I promise to say an extra special little prayer for Phoebe when I'm by on that chilly beach. I don't know about you but there's nothing more peaceful and magical to me that sitting on a quiet beach watching the waves.

Bigs hugs and love to you all.

Rach xxxx

Anonymous said...

home in a couple of weeks....!!!!
wow, pheobe has done so well.

molly's chicken pox are healing up now thank goodness soon my spotty baby will be spot free again.

congratulations on your amazing progress in your journey.

much love, strength and prayers

becky. mark and slightly less spotty molly
xxx

Sarah said...

Hello friends,
Just packing for France - we leave tonight - and couldn't resist a peek at your lovely family. So glad you made it through the festivities and how wonderful it is that Phoebe's bloods continue to improve daily - what a star!

We went on Uncle David's annual Boxing Day Vintage/Classic car Treasure Hunt yesterday, finishing up at a local pub for lunch and 'Turkey Tossing' (which of course Jo won for the Ladies).

We are still with you all the way and send all our love, hugs & prayers - have a wonderful new year!

Sarah
XXXX

helen whitehurst said...

HellO!!!!Blogeroonies today I
have been making purfme,slime it
was grate the slime was reely
gooey il save some for Phoebe
she will love it.Hope all is well
at the hospital.


love from Eve bloggeroonie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lissa said...

Hi Everyone,
I didn't get a chance to check in last night and I'm happy to see everything is well. I just finished Julie's story of her Ben and I have not stopped crying since. Lynn how amazing did you feel when you saw that Butterfly?
Hi Parsnip, How's the weather up there? I got little rainey, but it is supposed to get to 56 and tomorrow 65 or so..How crazy is that? Our winters here in Jersey over the last few years have been fairly mild..
Must go do some housework
Have a great day to all, and I will check in later
Love Lissa

Estelle said...

Hello There!
So chuffed to see that Phoebe's bloods are progressing well and that she's back in semi-isolation! I know you will all be pleased and looking forward to the change of scenery - lovely as the Pendlebury car park is(not)!!!!
I've been breaking in my new walking boots ready for coming to see you again soon - i'll have you on 10,000 steps a day before too long!
Love to you all from us all in Tavira,
Estelle
xxxx

Michelle and Owen said...

Hi

I am glad your Christmas has gone well and the best present of all being Phoebe's blood results which are fabulous. It's great to see pictures of Phoebe walking around again

Sending our love and best wishes and will see you all again soon

xx